AEM EPM trigger G4+ PNP Coil on plug

Hussain-vtec

Hi guys.

I have aG4+ PNP in my h22a engine with Oem Distributor installed and wanted to know,

Is the Civic Base Map 92-95 that is already exist in Link Software have the right and correct Dwell time setting Or Not?

If I want to replace my OEM Distributor with a OEM K20 coil on plug and AEM 30-3255 Honda EPM Trigger shall I change the Dwell time setting or keep it the same.

And how to Wire it to the ECU Pin Out Diagram for Coils and EPM And Screen shot of the link software setting please. 

See the image attached and don't bother the ECU it will be link G4+:D

the Link to see the wiring of the AEM 30-3255 Honda EPM Trigger

See the linkhttp://www.aemelectronics.com/files/instructions/30-2860 Coil-On-Plug COP Conversion Kit.pdf in AEM PDF For C.O.P

Thanks

It is important that you make sure you set the following parameters before you turn the ignition on:

Ignition Main -

Ignition Mode = Direct Spark

Spark Edge = Falling Edge

I have included the pinout which you can find in the help file in PCLink and the Dwell settings I run with K20 coils.

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 19.29.46.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 19.15.41.png

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:31 PM, ClintBHP said:

It is important that you make sure you set the following parameters before you turn the ignition on:

Ignition Main -

Ignition Mode = Direct Spark

Spark Edge = Falling Edge

I have included the pinout which you can find in the help file in PCLink and the Dwell settings I run with K20 coils.

Thanks brother here is the wiring diagram

and pc link shots 

untitled5.jpg

untitled1.jpg

untitled4.jpg

Your screen shot above on the Feb 1 post shows you have trig 1 set to reluctor, the AEM EPM is hall as far as I know.  So set both trig 1 and 2 to optical/hall, turn on the pullup resistor.  Make sure trig 2 sync mode is set to cam pulse 1X.  If you still get no RPM then post a triggerscope.

• 2 years later...

The diagram posted above by Hussain would be valid for any Honda that uses the "OBD1" ecu (CivicLink 95).  Except I would not connect the coil ground to Pin 26 as per his diagram.  Coils should be grounded to the cylinder head only.

If it runs when wired in wasted spark but doesnt run when wired in direct spark then that would indicate your trigger offset is wrong - You are firing on the exhaust stroke rather than compression stroke.  You can add or subtract 360deg from your trigger offset.

I mean change the trigger offset in the software.  The largest number it will accept is 360 and the smallest number that it will accept is -360, so this is why I say "add or subtract 360" as it will only allow you to go one way depending on your existing number.

In this example below my existing trigger offset is 97, I cant add 360 to that as it will be too big to be accepted so I must subtract.  New offset = 97-360 = -263 

WLNihVZ.png

• 7 months later...

I recently got a 96 ITR that came running some homemade trigger/COP set up. Previous owner cut the harness up so I was not able to revert back to a dizzy. Decided to just try out the AEM EPM, I've got it installed now but now to deal with wiring....which is a cluster fuck. I've tried to follow the posted picture set up but I couldn't really figure it out. I took a picture of my shit ECU wiring. Can anyone point out where it's suppose to wire in my ECU. 

B18C6 - K20 Coils

IMG_5247.jpeg

IMG_5248.jpeg