JZX110 Kurofune start up

BlackWing

Hi Blackwing,

Are you using the HKS adaptor harness? 

From my understanding, the Kurofune doesn't support DBW, so the stock JZX110 ecu must remain to control factory DBW. Alternatively, there are kits which manualise the throttle on JZX110s, essentially making the E-throttle redundant.

Personally, my planned ECU choice for my JZX110 is an Altezza link. Connecting the Altezza link to the JZX110 harness is either by re-pinning the JZX110 ecu plugs, or making an adaptor harness. I'm in the process of making an adaptor harness. The stock DBW should remain functional as the Altezza link supports it.

• 3 weeks later...

hi i am running a kurofune in my jzx110 i might be able to help with some issues id say main one tou will have is the temp sensor does not like being shared with link and stock ecu so you will have to run a 100 water neck which has 2 sensor slots i tapped out the 100 dash temp sensor and fittes another temp sensor just for the link as when shared it was doing crazy limp stuff due to temps 

On 5/6/2018 at 10:09 AM, shane110 said:

hi i am running a kurofune in my jzx110 i might be able to help with some issues id say main one tou will have is the temp sensor does not like being shared with link and stock ecu so you will have to run a 100 water neck which has 2 sensor slots i tapped out the 100 dash temp sensor and fittes another temp sensor just for the link as when shared it was doing crazy limp stuff due to temps 

Hi Shane,

Are you in Ireland by any chance? We did hear rumours of somebody over the pond that was running a Kurofune in a JZX110. If you could get in touch that would be great, just drop us a message through our Facebook page and I'll arrange a chat.

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...