Force GDI no output on DI pump driver

Enrike2520

Hello everyone i just installed a Force GDI on a Ford Ecoboost engine the engine start but run on low pressureand trow an error after a few second saying the DI pump cant reach target and dissabling it.

I put the delay to the maximum 10sec to try diagnosing it with a scope ,,, no command sent from ecu to actuate the solenoide. 

i attached the file if you can have a look at it , i have a good 12v to the solenoide , and when i unplug the connector i have an error saying the wiring is faulty so it confirm mi connection is good .

is there a way to test this output (same as the injector or ignition test)

thanks 

Eric Courchesne 

ecoboost injector scaled.pclr

Hi Eric,

Im dont have much experience with GDI, and have never touched an ecoboost but looking over your config I have a couple of thoughts/questions;

AN Volt 4 you have labelled "LOW PRESSURE", but the function is assigned as MAP sensor.  Is this correct or is it meant to be the low pressure fuel sensor?

Auxilary outputs>Fuel pump control, you have speed control method set to "off", normally on GDI engines this is set to "closed loop" to supply a constant pressure to the high pressure pump.  Does this car use a regulator instead for the low pressure side or does it need electronic control?

If you can attach a short PC log of a start up attempt it might be easier to see the problem.

In the log it seems the ECU is sending 90%DC to the spill valve yet rail pressure is not increasing.  Maybe your spill valve works opposite to normal?  Can you try changing GDI pump solenoid polarity to high and see if that effects rail pressure.

A24V3PP.png

Edit:  Sorry I forgot to say, there is no test function available for the GDI solenoid output.  However the fact you get the wiring error when you unplug it suggests there must be some current flowing.

tested your suggestion and i got an error befor starting the car (long pulse) i would have to ground the other pin to make it work? so i decided way to diagnose 

i installed a noid light ,instead of the pump solenoid and i got no pulse att all when the status is active i should have before the error came on ?

i suspect the driver to be defect i even try in saturated mode (with the noid light )and nothing more

can a firmware update reset a faulty driver?

43 minutes ago, Enrike2520 said:

tested your suggestion and i got an error befor starting the car (long pulse) i would have to ground the other pin to make it work?

No the "polarity" setting just inverts the logic, so on low polarity 100%DC = Max fuel pressure.  With Polarity set to high the 100%DC = min fuel pressure.  The wiring would not be changed.

i installed a noid light ,instead of the pump solenoid and i got no pulse att all when the status is active i should have before the error came on ?

Yes I would have expected to see a noid lamp to light up for that first 10seconds or so before the error.

i suspect the driver to be defect i even try in saturated mode (with the noid light )and nothing more

If you are seeing nothing on a test light I would be suspicious of a hardware problem too but lets try updating firmware first.  You are on an older firmware so there could potentially be a problem that has since been fixed.  There is this note below in the firmware notes that may be related:

N4FEHNT.png

• 9 months later...