Trying to connect a monsoon ecu parallel to a S2000 Ap1 stock ecu

the dog

I am trying to connect a monsoon ecu to work as piggyback on an s2000 ap1. I am trying to retained all factory options like tacho, engine temps etc. 

I am having big issues connecting it. As soon as I connect parallel one senosr (like the trigger or temp) I get ground loops with my water temp and air temp reading jumping all over the place. I also get trigger errors. Any idea how to connect it and make it work? 

Typically you would have the sensor ground on both ECU's connected together so they are referencing the same ground.  Then for all the sensors you would only connect the signal wire - not the ground (so just the signal wire from the crank sensor to Link ecu, etc) .  Obviously temp sensors will need to be connected to Volt inputs, not temp inputs.

Easiest....2 wire sensors should be dedicated to a single ecu. ie fit a new one for the Link.

Most 3 wire powered sensors, their output can be shared ok.

I know what Adam is doing by connecting to inputs with no pullup resistor, but there is still a chance this can skew readings to both units giving incorrect readings.

And if the crank/cam triggers are VR, 2 wire...not sure how easy these will be to share between two devices ?

6 hours ago, Stevieturbo said:

I know what Adam is doing by connecting to inputs with no pullup resistor, but there is still a chance this can skew readings to both units giving incorrect readings.

The analog input impedance is >1Mohm.  It will not skew any temperature circuit that I have ever seen used in automotive electronics.