3sgte

RyanShepherd

Ok, I’ll try to keep this as short as possible. Car has 800cc injectors,  fully forged etc. A friend has a build pretty much the same (the cams are different) so I’ve used his map as a base map. Anyway, The car starts reasonably well and idles no bother at all. However as soon as I apply any throttle it kinda misfires then revs. The car will also only rev to 4krpm. Sounds like there’s a limiter on it.  It’s deffo not useable like this. I do have access to a base map but it’s only for 550cc injectors. 

Any help appreciated, I feel like it’s just a settings issue somewhere. 

Just to add, I have no idea about mapping whatsover so please be patient :( 

1 minute ago, RyanShepherd said:

This is my map here. My friend is currently out checking his settings incase they are for whatever reason any different to the settings i have here. 

mr2 map 17-12-18.pcl

Just keep in mind that cams have a big impact on VE(volumetric efficiency) what is your lambda doing, do you use the same spark plugs/gaps, same coil ect? 

35 minutes ago, RyanShepherd said:

thanks bud. Just checking over both files just now with my friend. he's away to send me his map file to make sure they are both identical.

You can use the compare map file, then the program will show you all the differences in red ;)

I tried to open your map, but i can't open the map for some reason

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah you’re right, My issue being that I don’t want to have the car mapped properly until it’s run in. The engine is freshly built so if i can run it in first then go for my power map I’d rather do that. My engine is the st205 but there isn’t a base map for a st205 with 800cc injectors. There’s no option for 800cc in the G3 menu. There is a base map for a st185 for a g3 but it’s not a 185 I have. 

As far as I can see there’s no st205 base map for the g3 at all regardless of injector size.