Gdi spill valve energized +5v

bocia79

Hello. I'm a newbie of this forum, of link ecu and also in gdi mapping and wiring.

My name's Giorgio and I'm from Italy. 

I'm going to install force gdi in a suzuki boosterjet 1.0 3 cyl. 

In wiring of ecu at the moment I have only one problem. In oem ecu spill valve is energized directly by ecu at +5v. 

Spill valve have resistence 0, 7 Ohm, so I can't energize spill valve by +5 of ecu (that is only for sensors vref and I think has no many current to drive spill valve ). 

In attachment some scope of oem spill valve's control signal. 

What do you think about? 

I can make some +5v adapter by tension limiter (like 7805). Is a good choice? 

Thanks a lot. 

IMG_20190111_185219.jpg

I can’t quite understand what your scope capture is showing.  What is channel A & B connected to?  Generally the ECU only switches the ground side of the spill valve, the live side comes from the power wiring.  On your scope it looks like channel A is set to 10v/div so those small square waves are approx 15v.

Thanks for your reply. 

I attach one page of workshop manual. Where I found thath is energized by +5v.

I connect only "A" probe to ground side of spill valve and ground of the probe in engine ground. 

Is better to use 2 probes and A-B function? 

Screenshot_20190113-082018.jpg

Do not worry for some reason they have chosen to show the drive circuit, your valve is a derivative of the Bosch HDP Series and the MSV valve is a current not voltage based device, you will need to wire it in accordance with the GDI manual and this is one we can control quite well.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 12:41 PM, ClintBHP said:

Do not worry for some reason they have chosen to show the drive circuit, your valve is a derivative of the Bosch HDP Series and the MSV valve is a current not voltage based device, you will need to wire it in accordance with the GDI manual and this is one we can control quite well.

I've started engine and confirm that g4+ gdi controller connected like manual explain works well, also if oem controller signal is too different. Many thanks to all forum's member.