Ignition Delay

Toliski

Hello guys, today i try to set my base timing.

I cant make ignition delay to work for some reason.

I set my base timing at 10 degreed and i hit with timing light.

Because i have COP setup at my 3sgte i must to work with -354 to match the ignition timing .

Now lets adjust the delay.

I revv it up like 3000Rpm my timing now it about 0 degrees even with 0 microsecs even with 100 even with 199 ( yes i use the Enter button ) 

when i return to idle my timing macthes perfect with 10 degrees.

IMG_20190121_182426.jpg

The ignition delay is only designed to take care of a very small amount of drift caused by delays in the electronic signals and processing (usually less than 1 deg).  If you have 10 degs of drift there is some other problem.  Are you using a dial back timing light?  How is the timing light connected - have you removed the coil and used a temporary HT lead?

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

The ignition delay is only designed to take care of a very small amount of drift caused by delays in the electronic signals and processing (usually less than 1 deg).  If you have 10 degs of drift there is some other problem.  Are you using a dial back timing light?  How is the timing light connected - have you removed the coil and used a temporary HT lead?

Yes my dial have a adjust wheel with 0 to 30, I set it to 0. 

I add an HT lead to my Coil yes. 

The only thing that I can imagine is that my alternator wheel is a little bit smaller so at idle (950rpm) I have 12.5v, at 1200 I have 13.8v.

Can that voltage difference affect the timing?