Modelled fuel critical settings

Adturb

Thinking about changing from my traditional map to a VE based, how critical is the cc field? I don't know the exact displacement of my engine, only that its stroked to 2..2 from 2.0. Anything else to consider when changing from traditional to VE?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for coming back to me.

Can you outline the benefits of going to VE from traditional? I don't currently plan on running flex fuel, which is what I gather the main advantage would be?

I had a fiddle and the fuel map seems to keep the profile from the traditional map, is this typically correct or will the VE map profile likely be quite different- I appreciate thats a subjective question, but generally speaking does it following the same sort of shape? 

Is there anything else to consider when deciding whether to use traditional or VE? 

8 hours ago, Adturb said:

I had a fiddle and the fuel map seems to keep the profile from the traditional map, is this typically correct or will the VE map profile likely be quite different- I appreciate thats a subjective question, but generally speaking does it following the same sort of shape? 

Yes the shape will be similar but the numbers will likely be quite different.  The fuel table will need to be re-tuned.

10qw7bl.png