Can message id

Steve Bull

You are posting in the G4 section.  The G4 only had very basic CAN configuration, you can select from any of the pre-configured streams and you can assign any ID and bit rate you like to those, but that is about the extent of what you can do.

• 1 month later...

Finally got time to get the CAN sniffer wired to the ECU. Item was receiving a shed load of data but not in the form i was expecting. I did look at the CAN Information on the help folder. Which still didnt clear thing up much.

What is the format for the Link CAN data transmission. Hows it all broken up or is it just one data stream. 

I saw that some of the CAN data which is sent you have to take 50 off the value to get the real figure, ie temp. However, looking at the CAN data there wasn't any number or Binary code (8 bit 00011011 for 27 decimal) that could have been viable. 

Tried to sort out the CAN stuff but it seems what I thought was data wasn't. When the all the setting were correct  the CAN sniffer didnt receive any data just displayed CAN BUS Shield init fail  then Init CAN BUS Shield again in a loop. The ECU on the runtime values showed errors to 

Ur2k58knLX--1v1GvLylL5MnGCQ1MpMPW0XqugeYQnPRLiSAIZlOTQolEwslX-_fmWzcR5oOvrvh2OJvylk3AbqOSLDVsXM19-jSvIVymokxcFQSYkzE4cFUye_IdH-R66ocPB5TVqrtWN4JaL_Bxt8Vit52VfXKrCwIwhtxZVfUBHOjm5Gyokdp_QpIdKL_s358yzoKm8BmP2MYDEhrR78MHlC8SlTrpG8Zi3f3PC6okOJ6jrRsWiBKISaIh61E_AWu1bmWkXaW_iODHpLYsOQFwgk1YBy4LTLTWCSYdmDtRDscE5wkqMzO7N0gFf4PdtNEm-gJx2RTfzMBexfhkvblkGgc2WqSrxNKR-JubRpF5Lo8s5uVYXS7Td0n2tycWT04hqZg3jsSjHlvn6a8antWFCzEfLVKBUE2yotoMK3xtCr4LV5JVrYlu6MyvH3UquYT6c8RVVFbZbt3Xg7ssCpbabtwhwOseyVH__J9k9FYcEq6ZJZgNTsrtQEDjbMgeetran0aoK5Fv_mI5oTlPWHQJzKgAi9TDPayDAjL9NUyrFXYWwlv4J6UCwktIRHcbr5nSwy167pR9denjX7zGX5JDfHnlnR6vT1PNx4G_qJiR_CoGOZyygrrE5_TXygJFYUYF9tMpP1neZKTDxc2R9bOnmo0NcRqwT4KjPUXcRRAV-E=w1280-h610-no

Any ideas

Picture doesnt show, but an initialization failure message would suggest you have a problem with your code or wiring between your micro and CAN controller.  This basically means the micro didnt get the "all set up ok and now ready to go" message from the CAN controller.

The ECU will show errors because it is not getting an acknowledge from your CAN device.