First start issue

Cnote0ne

Ok, I think the main problem will be someone has changed it to modelled fuel equation but the fuel table only has numbers in it suitable for traditional equation.  A couple of other factors such as the IAT sensor not connected (reading -50°C) and IAT trim enabled would have further messed up the fuel volume.

So try the attached file, I have updated the fuel table to something that should work and turned off the IAT.

If it still doesnt run then please do a log.

Basemap350zG4 fuel fixed.pclr

Thanks Adam. I will try the updated file you sent me. The IAT is a Link G4+ 1/8NTP  and for some reason it only read -40 F. I get 4.2v and 1.9K Ohms at the connector. I tried changing the sensor type with no change. 

Sorry, I must have been distracted with another job when I was adjusting your file, I had changed the trigger mode to Harley Davidson.    

Here is a new version with the trigger fixed.

1.9Kohm for the temp sensor is correct so it just seems like it must be wired to the wrong input or not set up correctly.

Basemap350zG4 fuel fixed V1.1.pclr

No worries. I have the IAT sensor wired to the green wire Temp 4 on the expansion connector 2 and the orange sensor ground. 

23 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Sorry, I must have been distracted with another job when I was adjusting your file, I had changed the trigger mode to Harley Davidson.    

Here is a new version with the trigger fixed.

1.9Kohm for the temp sensor is correct so it just seems like it must be wired to the wrong input or not set up correctly.

Basemap350zG4 fuel fixed V1.1.pclr 167.54 kB · 0 downloads

It still won't start. Here is the log file. I forgot to mention my injectors are 440cc/min, not the stock size. 

Fuelchange log1.1.llg

So does it not run with my map?  It will likely be very lean that one you attached.

The RPM looks fairly stable at 850-900 in that log, it wont get much better until it is tuned.

For the temp sensor, can you set up ANT4 like my pic below, then tell me what IAT is reported with the sensor unplugged and then with the two sensor wires shorted together.  If wiring is correct it will show high temp when shorted together and low temp when not connected.

RjNIsQi.png

14 minutes ago, Adamw said:

So does it not run with my map?  It will likely be very lean that one you attached.

The RPM looks fairly stable at 850-900 in that log, it wont get much better until it is tuned.

For the temp sensor, can you set up ANT4 like my pic below, then tell me what IAT is reported with the sensor unplugged and then with the two sensor wires shorted together.  If wiring is correct it will show high temp when shorted together and low temp when not connected.

RjNIsQi.png

Nope, it doesn't start with your map, only with mine but has erratic idle. No change with the IAT sensor unplugged but it did show high temp 320 when shorted.

I took the IAT sensor out and one pin is pushed into the connector, so no connection...IAT issue solved.

Ignition is stable and throttle is stable so that suggests a fuel issue.

You have no MAP sensor assigned for a start.  It should be on AN Volt 9.  So that is the first thing to fix.  

Next your VE table is all messed up - what happened to the one I put in?  

Then get your lambda working and adjust the VE until the lambda is somewhere close to target. 

There is still no MAP sensor set up in that tune and it is not working in your log.  Please check it on the screen next time before wasting time with a log etc.  It should be clear when it is working, it wont be just a static number that doesnt change, it will vary with RPM and throttle.

12 hours ago, Cnote0ne said:

I have the Link CAN-Lambda wideband controller on CAN 1...all green and ok in Runtime Values.

It doesnt look like you have a Link CAN lambda set up in the last map you attached.  It does have some sort of CAN device set up but it is not a Link set-up.  What lambda is it?  It looks like a Motec CAN setup?

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

It doesnt look like you have a Link CAN lambda set up in the last map you attached.  It does have some sort of CAN device set up but it is not a Link set-up.  What lambda is it?  It looks like a Motec CAN setup?

It's the Link Can-Lambda module for wideband. Here is my tune with Lambda 1 setup for AFR/Lambda. Thanks.

62120basemap.pclr

You have An Volt 9 set as Lambda 1.  That needs turning off. You also don't have Link CAN Lambda selected in the CAN setup.  (Also the CAN ID is not correct for a Link CAN Lambda, but that won't matter if you just select CAN Lambda from the drop down as your manual ID will be ignored).  

HTH,

Richard.

20 minutes ago, Richard Hill said:

You have An Volt 9 set as Lambda 1.  That needs turning off. You also don't have Link CAN Lambda selected in the CAN setup.  (Also the CAN ID is not correct for a Link CAN Lambda, but that won't matter if you just select CAN Lambda from the drop down as your manual ID will be ignored).  

HTH,

Richard.

Thanks Richard. When I select Link Can-Lambda and set it, I get these CAN 1 errors. I turned off AN volt 9 as you recommended. 

image.thumb.png.4fb799e1939881a2f3196627b6b5a1f8.png

62120basemap1.pclr

Do you see the CAN Lambda when you go to find device in the CAN settings?  Also, the odd CAN Lambda is set to 500kb so you could try that speed and see if it makes any difference.  Have you terminated the CAN bus with a 120 Ohm resistor at the CAN Lambda end?  And make sure your CAN wiring is correct.  

CAN buses require termination at both ends.  All Link ECUs are terminated inside, but CAN Lambdas are not terminated so will require a 120 Ohm resistor near the CAN Lambda connector between CAN high and CAN low.  You will need to get this sorted first and then retest with find devices .

HTH,

Richard.

50 minutes ago, Richard Hill said:

CAN buses require termination at both ends.  All Link ECUs are terminated inside, but CAN Lambdas are not terminated so will require a 120 Ohm resistor near the CAN Lambda connector between CAN high and CAN low.  You will need to get this sorted first and then retest with find devices .

HTH,

Richard.

I added the resistor on the white and green wire at the connector to the wideband controller and COM stop working, couldn't connect to the ecu. I removed the resistor and it connect fine. I bought them just in case...but I read somewhere that they were not necessary if the correct cables/connectors were used.