Open Loop Boost table setup help

Alberto Aleman

I tested my boost solenoid and is working. I get to much boost on my current boost tables. I am just aiming for 1.5 kg of boost to 8k rpm, currently i get 1.67 when i lift off at 4.3rpm. Any suggestions? maybe I need to lower my map limit currently it is a 300kpa at 60degres, i am running a 7 bar map sensor. Any suggestions or inputs are greatly appreciated, this is the only portion that is driving me crazy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i need some information: i install a boost soloniod to control boost on my extrame G4, i need to know what numbers i have to entre in table to control it let's say i want to run on 10psi boost what number i have to entre in the table?? there is any convertion table for active boost??

• 2 weeks later...

start with zero in all zones work your way up in 5 whole number increments untill you see some movement make sure you are in open loop and tuning the base duty cycle. i normally change my axis to ( none) on the left side and rpm across the top untill the boost level is stable on the dyno then make the left axis into either mgp or tps depending on how you want to control the rate of boost < drivers preference >   what sort of enine are you running ?

Hello dobsons thanks for your time!! i am very new with the link G4 so thanks for any help!! Base duty cycle = wastegate % DC 1 Active?? the engine is Ford cosworth yb 4 cylinder turbo 75mm borg warner, big Mac soloniod 2 x 46mm tial waste gates for drag racing I want to achive the 50psi of boost but on the dyno to map i have to start with 5 psi and go up step by step

hi ben  you may need to up your base spring  pressure to approx 20 psi after you get your low boost pressure tune finished

as you will run out of stable duty cycle using your set up make sure your aux out put is set to 20hz

your dc1  numbers may get fairly high like 60  but start at around 10 and work your way up

good luck

email me if you need a hand

[email protected]

hello dobson thanks agian I am on 20 hz i will E-mail you with some issues they told me to use Co2 to control the wastegates not from intake so the boost will be constint from low rpm, what you think?? thanks agian i will e-mail you