Idle control G4+ & G4

Anthony Parle

I had a G4 Extreme in the car and I have not installed a G4 + Thunder, I got the program across with out much drama but now I can get the idle to be controlled by the G4 +..  Had perfect control with the G4 Extreme.

Its a Subaru EG33 motor

Has anyone seen this issue before.  Program attached.

Tony

EG33 G4 + Thunder 160822 V2 expand Table + gear change.pclr

Edited by Anthony Parle

Hi Scott,

I just swapped back to the G4 exteme and the car idled perfectly the changed back to the thunder G4 + and it wouldn't adjust.

When you say the neutral/park step are you saying in the gear position sensor on the sequential?

I turned the gear control option off and no difference.

Given that I am using the same wiring harness on both ECU's, plugs A & B maybe there maybe  some difference in the wiring between the two ECU's

Edited by Anthony Parle

Hi Tony,

Here is an image showing the park/neutral step, this is set to 25.5%, so if the status is active it will be massively affecting the duty cycle applied to the solenoid.

Park_Neutral_step.thumb.PNG.dcd13c3c7471

If you can post a PCLog of the problem occurring then we can see what is happening.

Scott.

Hi Tony,

You recorded that log file well.

I can see by looking in it that the Idle Status says 'RPM Lockout'. This is because the engine speed is more than 500 rpm above your target. It means the idle control is not trying to control the idle. In the log your idle position is between 70 and 71%, yet the base position table is asking for approximately 44%. I would say the ECU is adding the 25.5% from your Park/Neutral step as your Park/Neutral Status is off, so the ECU assumes you are in gear. You don't have a park/neutral switch to the ECU, so I recommend setting the Park/Neutral idle step to 0.0. This will then lower the idle position significantly and hopefully allow the closed loop control to achieve the idle target.

Scott.

position_mismatch.thumb.PNG.77e8e456698b