Peak and hold setup

RH9 GTR

Hi , 

I am new to vipec , and about to install a vipec v88 for a 2jz engine. 

It runs on peak and hold injectors but i cant seem to find the table

where i can adjust peak and hold times.

Is it locked in the ecu ? if i a want to run bigger injectors than stock e.g1250 cc.

Will they work just by changing the dead times ?

I am using firmware 4.10.2

Thanks.

The Peak and hold currents can be adjusted directly but not the time that they are in each mode.

The main adjustment you will need to make is to the Master Fuel value a Lower number will be normal for bigger injectors.

The Dead times will also need to be set to suit the new injectors.

no_injection_setup.thumb.JPG.d0753e2433aThanks Simon and scott for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately , i cant find this option in the firmware i am using. 

Injection setup option will only popup when i am connected to the ECU and live or else ?

If i switched from larger injectors to smaller ones, the master fuel trim can be lowered to -2% or whatever the % ? [ i never used this option before ]

Please advise.

no_injection_setup.thumb.JPG.d0753e2433a

Hi,

It may be because you are offline and using older firmware. When I open a V88 base-map offline using firmware version 4.9.6 the injection setup shows up ok. This is a V88 wire-in ECU you have right?

If you switch to larger injectors you will want to decrease the master fuel number by the increase in fuel flow.

For example, if you had 400cc injectors and a master fuel of 12ms, and then upgraded your injectors to 600cc you would want to change your master fuel number to 8ms.

400cc/600cc = 0.667

0.667*12ms = 8ms.

This will get you close to where you need to be. You will then want to run through the tune to confirm things are good or make changes as required.

Scott.

Hi Scott,

Well, i was looking through the base maps with VTS software.  I found the Peak n Hold option in the raw Base map.

but injection mode selection is locked and hidden in v88 Supra plugin pcl file. I was always looking at Supra plugin pcl

and not the base map.

Do you have the peak and hold amps for Evo 8 stock 560cc injectors ?

Thanks.

UPDATE !

Here is the info which i got from the ECU.

I started the car today, fired up right away on the v88 supra plugin map with evo injector

dead times. These are wired up with resistor packs [ i dont know the resistance ] . 

Part throttle at 2000 rpm AFRs pegged at 10. Can you please suggest how should i set up the injection mode ? 

1. Peak and hold with out resistor packs > peak and hold amps updated.

or 

2. Saturated with resistor packs and peak 8 amps and hold 0.1 amps 

Please advise.

vipec.JPG

Edited by RH9 GTR

If you do not know what peak and hold settings to use for your particular injectors then I recommend using the ballast resistors with the injectors and using saturated injection mode. When using the saturated injection mode the peak and hold current values are not used.

Here is the guidance for your injectors and ballast resistors:

Ballast Resistor Selection

If the injector impedance is LESS THAN 2 Ohms, use 2R2 (2.2 Ohm) ballast.

If the injector impedance is between 2 and 6 Ohms, use 4R7 (4.7 Ohm) ballast.

If the injector impedance is greater than 6 Ohms, use no ballast.

It should be noted that injector ballast resistors get quite hot at high injector duty cycles.  Therefore these should be mounted on a heat sink and this should be bolted to the chassis.  Typically ballast resistors should be mounted in the engine bay.

Do not use common 0.25W or 1.0W resistors, as these will burn out almost immediately.  50W resistors should be used.  These are relatively uncommon at hobbyist shops, but are readily available from your Link dealer in groups of 2, 4, 6 or 8 resistors on a heat sink.

The 'Toyota Supra IV V88 Plugin.pcl' base-map is actually for our Toyota Supra NON-VVT plug-in ECU. This is the reason the peak and hold settings did not show up as it does not use the V88 wire-in ECU like your adaptor does.

Scott.