viewing fault history while password protected?

CrysAk

Hi guys.

Brand new G4+ owner here, just got it back from mapping and 2 days later the car seems to be cutting ignition intermittently, I'm assuming it;'s the ECU doing some kind of Engine protection and so I'm looking at how to view the fault codes in the ECU, I've connected it up to my tablet but the only fault it's showing me is code:17  (along with password protection) but no history of anything before that, I'm assuming I need to have the tuner's password to access the information, or does the ECU not store previous faults, and only shows them at run time?

Code 17 is An Volt 3 at ground. Depending on what is wired to An V3 this could be the cause of your problem. I recommend taking the car back to the tuner to investigate this, or getting the password from the tuner so you can investigate it yourself.

The ECU will store any fault codes that have occurred (even if the fault is no longer occurring) until the fault codes are cleared in PCLink.

Scott.

Just an update:

I had assumed the faults would be displayed as a history list of when they happen rather than just the last time it happened.

anyway, turns out it's my TPS signal that seems to be faulty, tapping the casing on the ECU seems to interfere with the signal so I'l be looking further into it this evening, I assume there's no soldering with the Link G4+ for an R33 GTST and that it just connects up to the OEM harness, so I'm not sure why there's a problem, not sure what to expect really but will open the case tonight as the TPS loom seems fine, otherwise the next point of failure would probably be the actual TPS itself..

Thanks Simon, I just this morning found one of the ground wire that was frayed, so i fixed that, re-assembled the ECU with protection on the back of the case to avoid any potential earthing from the board (i know it shouldn't but figured may aswel while it's out) and relocated it all, ensuring that bolt is done up tight and all is looking good :) no error codes , it was probably the weak earth.

Thanks for all of the replies guys, a good ECU makes everything so much simpler ^^