Interpolation "OFF" option

Grant Baker

Hiya,

I think it would be really useful to be able to turn off interpolation during mapping, so that the cell you are in is absolute and not blended with cells around it.

This is a feature on another ECU we use and I'd forgotten how useful it was until I mapped one the other day.

Cheers, Grant

• 1 month later...

You work to much with DTA my friend :-p 

Some ecu's have this, like for example dta, but i don't see the logic behind switching off interpolation, because if it's off, and you're not in the middle of a cell, then your numbers won't be correct. I always work ahead, let's say calibrating the 3000 rpm row, copy it to 3500 and 4000, add some %, and then i calibrate the 3500 rpm row and so on. And try to be as centered in the cell as possible. If you check the mixtures if you've calibrated the whole map, it's spot on. With the interpolation off method i've seen some fluctuations before ...

Just as the pot box, don't like that thing, i always use the keyboard, because, in my opinion, or maybe it's my handling, but i found it's much quicker entering some % change related to target and average AFR, then try to get the mixture spot on with the dails. It's good tough to make a rough base map, before let's say cam tuning

5 minutes ago, Shedley said:

You work to much with DTA my friend :-p 

Some ecu's have this, like for example dta, but i don't see the logic behind switching off interpolation, because if it's off, and you're not in the middle of a cell, then your numbers won't be correct. I always work ahead, let's say calibrating the 3000 rpm row, copy it to 3500 and 4000, add some %, and then i calibrate the 3500 rpm row and so on. And try to be as centered in the cell as possible. If you check the mixtures if you've calibrated the whole map, it's spot on. With the interpolation off method i've seen some fluctuations before ...

Just as the pot box, don't like that thing, i always use the keyboard, because, in my opinion, or maybe it's my handling, but i found it's much quicker entering some % change related to target and average AFR, then try to get the mixture spot on with the dails. It's good tough to make a rough base map, before let's say cam tuning

I hardly ever touch DTA my friend...

Just doing one recently with INTER off and the Pot boxes reminded me how good some features are... I always work ahead anyway as well...

I like to make another suggestion which i think is even faster that a pot box.

If you use lambda as unit, it works pretty well to multiply (target error + 1.0). For example, if taget is 1.00 and actual lambda is 1.02 press the follow keys: * 1.02 enter

I would like a global multiply mode that can be turned on and off so you only have to press 02 on de num pad to multiply cell by 1,02. Analoge 97 means multiply by 0,97.

Another variant would be a global percent adjust mode. So if you press 2 means actual cell is raised by 2% ( multiplied by 1.02). Analoge - 2 lowers cell value by 2%

Both strategy would save a few key press for each operation and would speed up tuning to a maximum.