Nissan speedo signal

SwissChris

Sorry, just dug out my wiring notes specifically for my Z32, so to be clear: I have the yellow and green wire to Aux 5. This wire goes to the speedo. I have DI 6 tapped to a VSS (auto trans) speed source for LR wheel speed. The modifying circuit goes on the Aux wire between ecu and speedo. The LINK ecu obviously modifies the signal between the DI in and Aux out to correct the speedo.

When I say the yellow and green wire, it is specific to the Z32 (and probably other Nissan product of that era) on the large white chassis wiring connector behind the AC condensor, under the glovebox.

No doubt if you felt particularly masochistic, you could also solder in a dedicated Aux out wire on the large circuit track on the back of the speedo gauge itself...

Ok, I understand the yellow/green connection from the speedo to a aux out put, aux 2 in my case. With the DI, are you saying I should take a wire off say the wire connected to eg; DI 12 ( RF wheel sensor ) and connect it to DI 4 ( in my case ) and use  DI 4 as the source for the speedo output ?

54 minutes ago, lostsoul said:

Ok, I understand the yellow/green connection from the speedo to a aux out put, aux 2 in my case. With the DI, are you saying I should take a wire off say the wire connected to eg; DI 12 ( RF wheel sensor ) and connect it to DI 4 ( in my case ) and use  DI 4 as the source for the speedo output ?

Huh? You've lost me...

So have you got 4 individual wheels speeds connected and a seperate gearbox sensor too?  Or just 2 front wheels and the gear box sensor for the rear? 

If you have 4 wheel speeds, then you dont even need the gearbox speed sensor. You can disconnect that.  In your speedo out settings set the source to non driven wheel speed.  Then in the chassis and body>speed sources menu make sure you have a non driven wheel speed source assigned.

Ok, progress of sorts, I think .... found the wire which goes from the gear box speed sensor to the speedo. Disconnected from the gearbox sensor and connected it to aux 2. Set aux 2 to "test PWM", the speedo needle moves from zero to 70kph with the aux 2 frequency at 200hz. If I reduce the frequency to  35hz the needle will come back zero. Does this have any berrying on the "offset" and/or "max" frequencies in "Speedo Out" ? 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...