R33 GTST IAT wiring

J_C

Morning all, apologies if this has been covered but after searching I didn’t find the exact info I was looking for. 

the person who installed my ecu, wired my IAT sensor onto my knock sensor wiring and re-pinned at the ecu into pin 36. I want to restore my knock sensors to working as they’re currently disabled. 

since researching I’ve found that this pin is the stock location for rb26 factory IAT. 

before I found this info out I ran a new pair of wires from the expansion port to the IAT. 

my question is that if the ecu supports IAT on pin 36, why does all the info I have found point towards wiring to the expansion port? Is it just a case of ease or is there another reason? 

made there any dip switches or jumpers requiring changing if I wire my IAT to the expansion instead of pin 36?

thanks 

Dave beat me to it but since I was nearly done I will post this anyway...

The Skyline ecu has 4 temperature inputs, pin 36 is AN Temp 2, then on the expansion connector you have AN Temp 3 and AN Temp 4, you can use anyone of these inputs for IAT.  

On 1/14/2020 at 10:27 AM, Adamw said:

Dave beat me to it but since I was nearly done I will post this anyway...

The Skyline ecu has 4 temperature inputs, pin 36 is AN Temp 2, then on the expansion connector you have AN Temp 3 and AN Temp 4, you can use anyone of these inputs for IAT.  

Hi Adam, I’ve wired my IAT into AN T3.

I've just copied the type from AN T2, however, this had the pull-up resistor selected at 1k.

i don’t have the option to select the pull-up resistor for AN T3, However, I noticed it was reading the temp correctly at ambient.

i have an FAE 33220 sensor and they type selected on the ECU is “Delphi AC IAT” 

will my IAT work as expected or do I need to either change settings or sensor? Cheers 

6BE589D5-BDA9-4DE1-BC24-23386A6BE2DF.jpeg

83A0BCA1-C259-4CDE-B579-FF805166FB3A.jpeg

B78504F7-322E-40E1-B7E4-24CD5A9521F4.jpeg