MR2 SW20 stock map or better...

Michael Svoldgaard

regardless of what base map you start with, you will need to configure all I/O to match your application.

You will still need to calibrate all fuel and ignition settings for your specific engine.  

Did you set the base timing? 

Most base calibrations are solely intended to be used to get the vehicle started and onto the dyno.

1 hour ago, Brad Burnett said:

regardless of what base map you start with, you will need to configure all I/O to match your application.

You will still need to calibrate all fuel and ignition settings for your specific engine.  

Did you set the base timing? 

Most base calibrations are solely intended to be used to get the vehicle started and onto the dyno.

Base timing reads with timing light 10 degrees on crank but the ECU are at 16 degrees, so what should be adjusted? should i set the ECU at 10 degree and adjust distributor to match the same on the crank?

This may sound stupid but it's a learning process :) 

you need to sync the timing between the motor and the ecu to start.

Open the PCLink software.  Click on help, -> contents, -> tuning functions, -> triggers, -> Calibrate.

This will explain how to sync the timing.  

I would recommend verifying that the distributor is locked down securely and not move it afterwards.

In some small cases, it is possible to have the rotor phase angle set poorly. In this situation the spark can jump from the rotor button to the incorrect cap tower.  To rectify, it is best to set the motor to roughly 15-20 degrees BTDC and adjust distributor so that the rotor button is centered on the #1 cap tower(mark the dizzy body of #1 tower location before pulling cap to set) and lock dizzy down and resync via PCLink software.