Link G4 idle set up

Leo Briones

Hi Guys, 

i just need a guide to set it up Idle on a link g4 storm,  Im using a 4 wire stepper motor,  like a GM stepper motor , It only runs better on open loop ISC, but runs bad on close loop, honestly setting is wrong, please find attached tune file and help me figure it out please, also do I really need to set a "ecu power hold" to function better or can I just use to set the stepper motor reset to "turn key on"?

Cheers!

benny cherokee finaltune yehey.pclr

straight from the help file:

"

In some cases it may not be practical to wire the ECU in this manner or there may not be sufficient spare digital inputs.  In these cases, Stepper Reset must be set to Key-ON.  In this mode, when the key is turned on, the stepper motor is moved to its fully open position, then returned to its correct position for  startup.  During this period (up to four seconds) the idle valve can be open far enough to produce a very high engine speed (eg up to about 4000 RPM on a V5/6 WRX/STI).  This produces an undesirable over-rev on startup.  The Key-On Fuel Lockout allows the engines starting to be delayed by certain time period to prevent this.  If the stepper reaches its starting position before the time period is up, the engine will be allowed to start immediately.  There are two options for the driver:

1.Crank the engine until it starts.  The engine will be allowed to start when the stepper is ready or the Key-On Fuel Lockout time is up.

2.Wait a few seconds for the stepper to reset, then crank.  The engine will start immediately in this case."

8 hours ago, Brad Burnett said:

straight from the help file:

"

In some cases it may not be practical to wire the ECU in this manner or there may not be sufficient spare digital inputs.  In these cases, Stepper Reset must be set to Key-ON.  In this mode, when the key is turned on, the stepper motor is moved to its fully open position, then returned to its correct position for  startup.  During this period (up to four seconds) the idle valve can be open far enough to produce a very high engine speed (eg up to about 4000 RPM on a V5/6 WRX/STI).  This produces an undesirable over-rev on startup.  The Key-On Fuel Lockout allows the engines starting to be delayed by certain time period to prevent this.  If the stepper reaches its starting position before the time period is up, the engine will be allowed to start immediately.  There are two options for the driver:

1.Crank the engine until it starts.  The engine will be allowed to start when the stepper is ready or the Key-On Fuel Lockout time is up.

2.Wait a few seconds for the stepper to reset, then crank.  The engine will start immediately in this case."

Thanks brad, I appreciate your help and reply cheers!