Link G4+ Formula Student 1 cyl Proyect Car

Toño_ELC_MFT

Hello guys

I´m a member of the electronics department of a formula student team, and we are thinking of changing the engine this year. We are using a CBR600f4i engine with a link g4+ fury ECU, and we are thinking of changing the engine to a KTM450sf-x. 

¿Are this 1cyl engines compatible with the ECU?

I don´t have experience with tunning, and I was wondering if anyone could help.

Thanks! 

10 hours ago, Adamw said:

The first thing to confirm will be the trigger system.  What does it have for triggers, what pattern does it have on the crank, does it have a cam sensor or use MAP sync?

It has coil for ignition, crank position sensor and MAP sensor in Stock form. I can´t see any cam sensor.

Edited by SuprVR Media
I put coils, in plural, when there is only 1 cyl

17 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Do you now how many teeth is on the crank and what pattern it uses?  A lot of single cylinder engines use MAP sensor instead of a cam sensor so that may be a problem.  

For what I have found, around 16-18 teeth and the crank looks like this.

image.png.0cbb5c71c8cb681b768c9084016dcb7d.png

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

I think that is just the sprocket for the timing chain by the looks.  Trigger is likely on the inside or outside of the flywheel/Alternator.

Could it be that it doesn´t use a Trigger wheel, and instead, it uses an ignition pulse generator? I cant find any Trigger wheel in the manual. Instead, I found the ignition pulse generator. Here is the photo of the instalation. Sorry for the lack of knowledge, but it´s my first year.

Thanks for the help!

Edit- It uses a rotor. in the photo you can see the sprocket of the timming chain, and on top there is a rotor like this. image.png.813538ad42f4670b4ee6c37fe3e5f13b.png

image.thumb.png.e82cd7aa05715134a7e0fa9044fe80f5.png

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

These are the trigger teeth on the outside of the flywheel.  So we need to know what pattern these are in - there will likely be a number of evenly spaced teeth then either some missing teeth, long teeth or or extra teeth.  

RW7HHuf.png

Okey. We will talk with ktm about that. 

For what I have search, I could only find this.

image.png.6c3b57b45d148459fdf7271373554fd0.png

Thank´s a lot for the understanding. That really helps with our proyect.

If you grind that long tooth completely off it will make it into a 18-1 trigger pattern which is supported.  The engine would have to run wasted spark ignition and batch fire injection without a cam sensor.  Ideally you would add a cam sensor which will give you sequential and direct spark capability.