Power feed for Monsoon

ozyvr4

Hi there, I wiring a Monsoon and have a question in reguards to the 14v+ in wire. Is this a battery source or igntion controlled power. The reason ask is because my VR4Link has a battery feed that is live all the time and utilises a DI for ignition status. 

The other question is about the Ecu Hold power. I was thinking for it to work propertly the ecu would need a constant power to the 14v+ input and the DI (ignition) would activate the stepper motor reset when igntion is deactivated and needing power to the ecu . 

Is this how the system works in the stand alone system . 

for powering a monsoon the +14V input should be an ignition switched supply.

There are a couple of diagrams on how to wire hold power in the help manual but the general idea is the ecu is powered up the ignition switch input and then turns on one of it's auxiliaries which controls a relay that also powers the ECU  (often with a diode in the ignition switch wire to prevent the relay from back feeding the rest of the car) so that when the ignition switch is turned off the ECU is held on by that output controlled relay. There should be no need for ECU hold power when using a monsoon though as a monsoon cannot control a stepper motor.

Thanks for that . Some great info. I did not know thelat the monsoon could not control a stepper motor, that fixes 1 problem but gives me another. haha. I have to workoit another option for idle control. I have mostly done all the wiring on the engine, just finalizing the fuse and relay box. 

You can use a 1 or 2 wire idle controller from a different vehicle or you can use just ignition idle with the throttle always slightly cracked. The Storm, Xtreme, Fury and plugins all have stepper control on Aux5-8 but the Monsoon and Atom do not.

I have checked those Bosch valves out before. I have a customer with a supra that has 1. Seems to work fine. This is for a mate so for the moment we might try ignition idle control to get it running. 

Thanks for the for the info.