Link G4+ canbus lambda problems. Please HELP..

Rune skredsvig

Hi !

i have BIG issues getting my brand new can lambda programmed into my brand new g4+ Ecu .

i have done a lot of work trying to get this into the program in the ecu without any luck.

the ecu doesn’t find the sensor in the canbus, the lambda has power and gets hot when I try getting it in. Can someone please try to help me with a solution.? I only have the lambda in the can system. 

508C63BC-6966-4278-A307-F5E33A311AA1.jpeg

CBA75684-D6BE-4802-A3D7-A4F521521FF5.jpeg

That ecu in the pic is quite old, maybe 6 years or so old, well before CAN lambda was released.  Check that it is on recent firmware as CAN lambda was only introduced around version 5.6.1 from memory.

Can you also give us a closer pic of which pins the CAN H/L is connected to.

10 hours ago, barge said:

You can't just wire it direct. You need a terminating resistor on the CANbus.

image.png

I have allso tryed to terminate a resistor ar 120 Ohm without any luck.

7 hours ago, Ducie54 said:

I thought the lambda had the resistor built in.

Where are getting the power and ground from?

The Power is from a relay i have installed nearby the Ecu that is supplied by direct + 12v from the battery, I have programmed aux 11 to signal the relay ignition power when ignition is on. But I have also tried to wire it so the lambda has power all the time to see if it needs ignition signal from “the key signal»

ground is connected to chassis nearby the ECUs location.

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

That ecu in the pic is quite old, maybe 6 years or so old, well before CAN lambda was released.  Check that it is on recent firmware as CAN lambda was only introduced around version 5.6.1 from memory.

Can you also give us a closer pic of which pins the CAN H/L is connected to.

I think this ecu has been in the shelf at the dealership I bought it for quite some while but it is not used before now, the lambda an can loom is newly ordered from link. I have Downloaded and updated the firmware on the ecu. I had to do this before I could even start to touch the settings for can in pclink. Can L- green and CAN H - white, brown is not in use, I have just tried it out as -0V once in my troubleshooting.. (reason for the crimp)

CB982681-1C70-48A1-9486-ABD3AEE72482.jpeg

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

2 hours ago, Adamw said:
2 hours ago, Adamw said:

Your photo doesnt really show any of the relavent parts, but in that first picture it almost looks like white is connected to green on the DTM4?  

Can you attach your tune also.

m2RNX4j.png 

While troubleshooting I have connected +12v and -0V directly to the battery and connected can like in this picture.. and I still get errors...

3F9B6497-C1EC-49AA-914D-8AEA3B7DD1BC.jpeg

Gamla 2.pclr

I dont see much wrong there, but those crimps on the DTM sockets do look a little dodgy in the pic.  Can you unplug the white CAN plug from the ECU board and measure resistance from the pins in the white plug up to the white/green pins on the CAN lambda where I have marked in pink below.

So the Red/orange wires go straight to battery now and the sensor is getting hot?

8fCqGgu.png

Also, can you tell me what the revision number on the bottom board is, printed down near the MAP sensor I think

tgkMArM.png

White Or Green wire from marking to marking, 0,01ohm. 

its a v1.4. 

I have made a mistake when I made the connections in the dtm4 connector at first as you saw at the first pictures, I found numbering at the connector and followed this. But when I saw the picture I found the colours crossing and checked it out and switched them as the wiring diagram showed. But I still cannot program the can lambda.

By the way ... your service and response at this forum is incredibly good.!  

thanks.

24D24000-3B4D-4F11-8D6B-4D9CDC5E99A7.jpeg

The lambda has had power in all my troubleshooting, I have checked that it has power in the connector and felt that it is hot. I just wired it directly so it cannot be any issue with the power supply that causes my problem.. the red and orange wire follow the can loom into the ecu and goes out of the ecu Following the wires more “natural” and tidy look when it’s done.

Im running out of ideas.

Can you try moving the CAN harness/plug to the CAN2 socket, then in the software turn off CAN1, set up CAN 2 for CAN lambda, 1Mb, ID950, and try find devices on CAN 2.

It may also be worth trying different bit rates on CAN2, 500K, 250K etc in case that lambda device is programmed wrong.