4AGZE Trigger Issues

alexharvey72

Can't get to the bottom of my trigger issues, where I get big spaces between trigger one saying YES. I've tried lowering arming thresholds but now it seems to be very erratic? Attached is the latest map and log.

Trigger Issues.llgx 4AGZE Turbo COP.pclx

This is a log of using the recommended arming thresholds.

Trigger Issues.higher threshold.llgx

Looks like the wiring is wrong.  You should have 24 teeth on trig 1 and a single tooth on trig 2.  In your scope however it has recorded 24 teeth on both trig 1 and trig 2.  

One tell tale is they are opposite to each other, so when trig 1 goes up, trig 2 goes down - This suggests you have trig 1 input wired to one side of the trig 1 sensor and trig 2 input wired to the other side of trig 1 sensor.  Possibly you have the trig 2 and ground pins swapped.

So you need to go back and look at that wiring.

Here is a note from the help file:

8Z01UIG.png

• 2 years later...

There's no signals in your trigger scope log.  You need to hit capture while the engine is cranking - start cranking the motor, then click capture while continuing to crank until something pops up on the trigger scope.  That being said, your arming threshold values for Trig1 and Trig 2 at 1000-3000 rpm are a bit high compared to other 4AGZE engines I've tuned. Maybe change them to the following:

image.thumb.png.72b3ceabd72d996dd67c6dd6d350d219.png

Your fuel table values seem low compared to what I've used in the past also on stock injectors - you probably will need more fuel in the main table.  Once it starts you could be leaning out too much as soon as the cranking enrichment and startup prime fuel is cleared out of the cylinders.   The modelled fuel base map I use for 4AGZE has injector size set to 365cc at 280kpa, and the fuel table for startup is almost double the VE values you're using.

Looks like your triggers are there just fine.  There's some noise on the trig 2 after the signal that looks to be just over .2V so you should probably be running higher arming thresholds than I recommended.  The first log one does seem a bit odd as it starts out really slow cranking and then picks up toward the end.  The second log is pretty even exept where the signal is closer together on one cylinder - which is also odd.  It's almost like low compression on one cylinder allowed it to speed up.  The last log is nice and even across the sample cycle.

Thanks for the quick analysis... will make the arming threshold changes and review the fuel table and injector settings and then give it another go tomorrow. Can you have a look at the attached setup file, i've setup the supercharger clutch to actuate via AUX 3. Are the settings for it correct? Also how did you wire the air control valve located on the supercharger... see attached pic to know which valve i am talking about. Tazz-4AGZE-Rally-V07.pclx

4agze-AirControlValve-SC.jpg

For the SC clutch I would probably add throttle position to the conditions as well as RPM.  Something like >20%?  I dont have much experience with the GZE but I have a vague recollection that last time I drove one (20years ago lol) the engagement RPM felt higher than what you have set - more like 2500?

The AVC, again I have no experience, but based on the description, assuming it is a normally closed valve, I would switch it on when MAP>105Kpa.

Hi Adam, so we got the car started fine... haven't connected the idle solenoid yet, but it maintains idle fine. But as soon as we give it some gas engine shuts off. Can you go through the file to see if we are missing out on something... accel enrichment has been setup. Aslo if you can advise on the idle solenoid setup we have currently. Thanks

Tazz-4AGZE-Rally-V08.pclx

Is that map even from your car? The ECU statistics show it has been running for 5000minutes, its reached an RPM of 8300 and has hit the RPM limit 300 times.   On top of that the MAP limit (boost cut) is set to 0kpa so I dont think it would start with the map unless there is maybe fuel coming from a cold start injector or something else?

Can you give us a short log of the stall event?

Its a map i used on a 3sge at some point... i've started reworking it for the 4agze but no done with it yet as we are completing some wiring jobs on the chassis/body before we can run the car. We eliminated the cold start injector on the 4agze. I will capture a log later tonight when we attempt another start, will send it to you.

I'm attaching a 4AGZE base tune I did on a customized plug-in install. Obviously inputs/outputs will differ quite a bit depending on your actual sensors and wiring.  This has worked for me as a starting point on several of these motors to get them up and running/idling.

KO MR2 4AGZE.pclx

• 3 weeks later...