ECU Internal Logging

Cbrandenburg

Hi, been working on a lambda issue, my lambda goes beserk at different times, almost like it has rf interference issue, I literally can tell you when I'm near a police unit, by it. Anyway, so I set Internal Logging to get it off the PC, just two separate radio interference points, and I got four different log files, one of them being this, Any ideas? 

15994540265465970135932141131237.jpg

ECU_Internal_Datalog_2020_09_7_12.llgx

Ill have to get one of the engineers to look at this, Im not sure what has caused it.  So were the other 3 logs ok?

You lambda issue most likely is the Innovate controller, I have not seen one work correctly for more than an a few hours in the years I have been dealing with them.  

26 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Ill have to get one of the engineers to look at this, Im not sure what has caused it.  So were the other 3 logs ok?

You lambda issue most likely is the Innovate controller, I have not seen one work correctly for more than an a few hours in the years I have been dealing with them.  

Yeah, the other logs are ok, but, not sure why they split into three. I also get sometimes get a residual log on my laptop, like I Logging, there should only be one log, I'll stop Logging and close it, and a short log with very few changes, but it does typically have data growing at rate of x. 

The Innovative was working fine, I did read your opinion a few minutes ago on it, so noted. One other tribal thing, but I can't get my laptop to do a trigger scope, the box pops up, I get to buttons, capture, and cancel, everything else is blank.

2 hours ago, Cbrandenburg said:

Yeah, the other logs are ok, but, not sure why they split into three.

It will write to a new log everytime the ecu is powered off/on.  It will also write to a new file once a certain size is exceeded.  This is to make it easier when you for instance have many hours of logs stored in there but you only want to download the last ten minutes.

I also get sometimes get a residual log on my laptop, like I Logging, there should only be one log, I'll stop Logging and close it, and a short log with very few changes, but it does typically have data growing at rate of x. 

Not sure what you are trying to explain here, you will have to explain it better or do a video or something.

One other tribal thing, but I can't get my laptop to do a trigger scope, the box pops up, I get to buttons, capture, and cancel, everything else is blank.

Are you saying when you click capture  with the engine running, you get no waveform drawn?

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

It will write to a new log everytime the ecu is powered off/on.  It will also write to a new file once a certain size is exceeded.  This is to make it easier when you for instance have many hours of logs stored in there but you only want to download the last ten minutes.

Not sure what you are trying to explain here, you will have to explain it better or do a video or something.

Are you saying when you click capture  with the engine running, you get no waveform drawn?

Right, nothing but a box, I figure the app is missing a library, like vb runtime, but I don't see it. I also rolled back to win 7 from win 10. But not it. When I click on capture I get nothing, this is a G4x Honda Plugin 96-98. If that makes a difference.

Has it previously worked?

Latest PCLink and Firmware?

Is PCLink installed in a weird location?

Are you running PCLink from a different directory (such as calling the executable from the command line)? One way this can happen is if the shortcut's "Start in" location is wrong.

Capture.PNG

Yeah, I'm a script cmd script junkie, I run a shell free environment, Its rooted to c:/linkecu/pclink G4x/ . But I don't think it has ever worked. I'm assuming by that statement, you have a hard linked location, for a symbol, give me twenty mins, I'll do a fresh install. And leave default paths. 

It was shell root need, it executed fine with a "root called" in either location, mine or your default, my computer is set to load your program at startup no shell. I will work the root into startup.

Thanks for your time.

Any verdict on the original request on the log, it probably something stupid like I'm a terrorist and Homeland security it thinking my computer in my car is a suicide mission waiting to happen. 

For the logs being split up, what are your activation settings for your ECU Logging?

The triggerscope was loading the layout on filename alone, have changed it to explicitly use the directory of the executable, will be in next release.

Capture.PNG

Looking at the picture of your log those aren't real values so either the log file on the ECU is corrupt or it has had a serious issue while downloading it to the computer.

20 hours ago, Vaughan said:

For the logs being split up, what are your activation settings for your ECU Logging?

The triggerscope was loading the layout on filename alone, have changed it to explicitly use the directory of the executable, will be in next release.

Capture.PNG

Looking at the picture of your log those aren't real values so either the log file on the ECU is corrupt or it has had a serious issue while downloading it to the computer.

Yeah maybe, I see something else, but anyway, Vaughan, are you the programming guy and if so can be a little inquisitive, I havent dug into your stuff at all, but I like what I see. Is this straight c ?. I'm interested to know what the compiler is?

PS the original settings are as you posted, now I have them trigger to the fuel pump