Evo 4-8 G4+ Evapourative Emission Purge Solenoid Activation

EvocentriK

Hi, just wondering if anyone can assist with this. The stock Evo ecu triggers this solenoid to open under certain conditions (I believe it to be on cruise) allowing the intake manifold vacuum to pull tank fuel vapour into the intake manifold. The solenoid is closed under other driving conditions. There is also a check-valve between the solenoid and the evap canister in the engine bay (JDM vehicle). It is labelled Evapourative Emission Purge Solenoid in the attached diagram.

Does the Link G4+ PNP ecu also have logic to control this solenoid in the same way as OEM? I am installing an aftermarket intake manifold and trying to do the right thing here and retain this system if possible, but there's no point custom mounting the solenoid and running wiring/vac line if its not activating. 

In the same vein, does the Link ECU also activate the Fuel Pressure Solenoid on hot starts? 

Thanks! 

vacuumrouting.JPG

There is a Purge option you can choose for an Auxilary Output. The help file outlines when it activates:

image.png.46d3889cb7433a7c2d8f91af9141edac.png

It does not use the FP solenoid, so that can be safely removed! All of the necessary compensations for this can be programmed using the existing functionality.

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
On 9/27/2022 at 9:47 AM, FDFRory said:

Curious on this same thing as well.  What type of aftermarket solenoid do you recommend buying?

You've probably sorted this out by now but I'd just grab a used one from a wrecker from any car and try it.