Closed Loop Boost ctrl flex fuel

duncan351

I have a Fury with multi fuel setup. My current ethenol content is 11% and trying to get my boost control stable but struggling to understand what seems to be the two boost table to function correctly. So my boost control is closed loop and setup boost by speed. I'm have set my wg duty cycle in boost table 1 to progressively up to 21.5% however in my logs I am seeing my wg duty cycle only go up to 14.6 and the active boost tables are interpolate Tables 1 and 2. My Boost table Ratio is in the 0% range within the "Fuel multi blend %" and the Fuel multi Blend table itself is in the 0 % too. Boost table 2 wg duty cycle in the psi range that I'm running on 93 octane fuel is "0". My experience in most aftermarket ecu's is that in the fuel blend percentage set to 0% = boosts table 1 wg duty cycle only and 100% fuel blend percentage = boost table 2  however based on my logs it looks like this is not happening. Am I interpreting the logs correctly? If yes what do I need to change?

boost log.llg

Hard to give any concrete advice since you didnt attach the tune so we can see your settings, but from the log it looks like the main problem is your waste gate DC is pushing you way above your target so the closed loop is pulling ~7% duty cycle out.  Your target is 132Kpa and your MAP is 227kpa (target is absolute pressure also).

You are correct that a boost table ratio of 0% will mean all control is coming from table 1 and a ratio of 100% means all control is coming from table 2.

Note there is a set up guide in the help file.  G4+ ECU Tuning Functions > Boost Control > Closed Loop Boost Control > Closed Loop Boost Setup Guide.  You should really have your PID at zero while you are building your wastegate DC table.

brABYWy.png

• 2 weeks later...

So you are trying to target 5psi boost on 93oct but 33psi on ethanol?  I would expect if the hardware is even capable of that much variation, your wastegate DC tables are going to be very different.  

Right now your DC table 1 has 18-20.5% to achieve 5psi, yet according to DC table 2 that same 20% DC will give you 20-25psi?

At the time you saved your map, your baro was 100.3kpa.  So, a boost target of 140kpa absolute in boost target 1 is 40kpa above atmosphere or 5.8psi.

In boost target 2, a target of 326kpa would be 226kpa above atmosphere or 32.7psi

gU4AgaD.png

That's not reality for me. with my target at 326 which converts to 47.3 psi. Its resulting in 43 psi of boost in reality.  On 93 octane 140 converts to 20.6 psi and reality is I'm actually building boost levels to 20psi and slowing dropping to 18psi in my last log with these exact same settings. I understand absolute but that's not what I'm seeing or actual reality on how much boost is being produced. What's happening? Where am I messing up exactly sir?

Note the CL boost tuning process is pretty well explained in the help file.  You should read this guide I mentioned earlier before touching it as you are just wasting your time if you dont understand the basic fundamentals.   

On 11/24/2020 at 5:36 PM, Adamw said:

Note there is a set up guide in the help file.  G4+ ECU Tuning Functions > Boost Control > Closed Loop Boost Control > Closed Loop Boost Setup Guide.  You should really have your PID at zero while you are building your wastegate DC table.