Link Xtreme G4+ in piggy back mode automatic transmission issue

j2thed1993

Dears,

I hope all is well , i have a link xtreme G4+ ecu installed on my car in piggy back mode , it's a genesis coupe 2.0t with automatic transmission , the factory ecu controls the transmission ecu and other things like the gauges cluster.
when driving the car with partial throttle i can upshift and downshift with no issues , but when driving with full throttle i can't upshift and the car won't shift on it's own like it used to , which causes the car to start bouncing of the rev limiter .
please note that the car drives normally and upshifts and downshifts without issues when driving with partial throttle . kindly let us know what could be done in order to solve this issue .

On 11/25/2020 at 2:58 AM, Adamw said:

It sounds like you will need to get a tuner or similar involved that understands how the transmission works and what signals and interaction it needs from the ECU.  It sounds like it may be missing a torque message or something.  

Can we use the gear shift control feature to control the upshifts using the link ecu and lower the torque when upshifting on full throttle for the duration of the gear shift ? I've read another thread where the automatic transmission upshift is being controlled by the link ecu and torque reduction is configured using the gear shift control feature, he apparently "tied the shift signal from Aux 1 into DI1 and the transmission to signal gear shift control to cut power for the 85% - WOT shif "

16 hours ago, AbbeyMS said:

does the Stock ECU record load via a Air flow meter?

I'm not sure , but i have a link 4bar map sensor connected to my link ecu , and the stock map sensor is still connected which also measures intake air temp , but the intake air temperature readings seem to be out of sync

The gear shift control function is generally designed for motorsport "dogboxes" where you generally need quite a large torque reversal to get the dogs to disengage.  It is a fixed cut regarless of load and RPM.

Torque reduction for an auto trans is generally much less severe, usually just retard, sometimes the throttle is closed a little too.  You can do the retard using a 4D ignition table triggered by a DI or whatever.