sr20 idle problems

sokratis

Hello gyus I am new here and it is my first time i write in a forum , so sorry if i should open the thread somewhere else.I come from greece so sorry for my bad english too.I have a sr20 with linkg4+ and the idle when it is cold it isn't stable and sometimes the engine is switching of.I noticed that the afr is in a big range it is going from lower value to higher in some engine temperatures but it keeps playing in a big value till it gets 80c.When it is cold same issues with fuel in 10-20 % tps.I send you my map.Any ideas??Thanks in advance Sokratis

rx8 start up.pclr

Your timing table had a 5 degree value right where it's probably trying to idle cold based on the target.  Maybe try using the idle ignition table instead.  I'm attaching a revision of your tune with idle ignition turned on and a basic set of values in the idle table.

Sr20_Idle_problem_rx8startup_2.pclr

you were right my friend the car has very stable idle and afr either.I added +1 advance in some cells between -80 and - 40 load at idle rpms.Only problem now is that in 50 Celcious idle isn't stable but engine stop switching of.I don't now if this helps you , the car has 272 cams and 1000cc injecors.Here i send you a log from 48C till 55C.

rx8 log 50 Celcous.llg

Where did all the idle settings come from in your map?  None of them really look like they are from either of our SR20 base maps.  

Attached I have made some changes so you have a closer starting point.  Your base position table will still need to be tuned by you.

Note, you need the main fuel and ignition tables tuned well before you bother spending time on idle control.  Also you should have CL lambda off while you are tuning.

rx8startup idle changes.pclr

the map was made by a tuner but he didn't pay attention for the idle.Before me the idle wasn't working neither cold or hot.Anyway , i will put your changes in my map and i will try to fix better the main fuel and ignition table.Thanks a lot i will keep you informed.

I turned off the CL as you said and i made the mixture 14.5 but when i turning the CL on again it mixture isn't stable but it has a big difference beside before . I looked that when i keep the car idling in the basement after some minutes mixture is going richer and when i took the car out it changed a lot (always with CL off) then i went for a ride and i noticed that the cars idle was perfect .So , i looked my map in IAT and i saw that after 20C the numbers are positive but link's advice is to be negative.I will try take SR's basemap for this and i will try to tune it.I am gona make some logs in different IAT and will look the data.