Picture of how to wire up link g4+ storm blue.

rex@rexshort.co.nz

Does anyone have a picture of how to wire up link g4+ storm blue? I have the link install guide. What I want is a picture that I can run my eye down the lines to the sensors like ect and tps and cam and crank ect. It's going on a 3sge beams without the electric throttle body. My Ecu only has an "A" plug. Kind regards. 

is that what you already have? http://linkecu.com/documentation/StormQuickstartGuide.pdf

I know its for the storm black but I guess pinout should be similar on the A plug? and it has the table that you want.

Or you want this table filled with ANV1 goes to tps, DI1 to cam sensor etc...

The engine is a 3sge beams out of a Altezza going in a Lotus 7 style car with a Link G4+ Storm blue. It will run Naturally Aspirated and in stock form with a single mechanical throttle body. I will run all the oem stock sensors I can use that came on the engine. I also purchased a Link Can Lambda. I think the diagram below is going to help. Here are my questions I have just to confirm what I have read in the manual:

Does the the crank angle sensor go on trigger 1?

Does the Cam angle sensor go on trigger 2?

The engine has two cam angle sensors one on the intake and one on the exhaust because it has vvt on both intake and exhaust. Which cam angle sensor do i connect? Do I connect both? Do I need two? Without two how does the ecu know how advanced or retarded either cam shaft is?

The crank angle sensor has two wires on it and a shield. Do I put one wire to Trigger 1 in the diagram below? Where does the other wire go to? Where does the shield connect to?

When this engine is in the Altezza it runs a Mass Air Flow sensor. Can this be wired in to the Link or should I use the map that is onboard the Storm ECU?

Does Link support Mass Air Flow sensors or just map?

When I suck on the onboard map it shows no rise and fall. I have only done this statically on the test bench with the ecu live to my laptop and without the crank trigger turning. How do i configure the software to connect to the onboard map?

I have used the Link supplies base map for the sxe10 Altezza and because I am not running Electric throttle body in the top right corner of PC Link there is an error saying the rpm has been limited to 1800rpm as there is a error concerning unmatched voltages of the throttle and the pedal. How do i configure the software to look for one single throttle body and one normal TPS to get rid of this error?

Why are there two ground pins on the diagram below? I think they need to go on separate wires to a good clean earth on the cylinder head. But why two?

When wiring injectors do I understand they get 12v straight to then from a relay and the ecu grounds them?

Do I put inj 1 to cyl 1 and inj 2 to cly 2 and so on or do I use the 1342 firing order when connecting the injectors?

With the ignition coils on plug do i connect hen ign 1 to cy1 and so on or in firing order?

I have the whole setup in a suitcase with a battery drill spinning the trigger wheel. I will take it with me to Taupo for Christmas today. I really appreciate any of the knowledge you guys can share with me. Thanks Rex

Link Plug a.jpg

IMG_20201224_214042.jpg

Rexs Seven Car.jpg

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Does the the crank angle sensor go on trigger 1?

Does the Cam angle sensor go on trigger 2?

The engine has two cam angle sensors one on the intake and one on the exhaust because it has vvt on both intake and exhaust. Which cam angle sensor do i connect? Do I connect both? Do I need two? Without two how does the ecu know how advanced or retarded either cam shaft is?

The crank angle sensor has two wires on it and a shield. Do I put one wire to Trigger 1 in the diagram below? Where does the other wire go to? Where does the shield connect to?

You will need both cams and the crank connected to the ecu.  All the ground wires and all the shields splice together and connect to pin A7.  Crank signal gets connected to trigger 1, Intake cam signal to trigger 2, exhaust cam sensor to DI1.  

When this engine is in the Altezza it runs a Mass Air Flow sensor. Can this be wired in to the Link or should I use the map that is onboard the Storm ECU?

Use the MAP sensor.

When I suck on the onboard map it shows no rise and fall. I have only done this statically on the test bench with the ecu live to my laptop and without the crank trigger turning. How do i configure the software to connect to the onboard map?

Set AN Volt 5 to MAP sensor, turn off any others that are assigned to MAP.  From memory the correct calibration for the Blue Storm is 4Bar.

I have used the Link supplies base map for the sxe10 Altezza and because I am not running Electric throttle body in the top right corner of PC Link there is an error saying the rpm has been limited to 1800rpm as there is a error concerning unmatched voltages of the throttle and the pedal. How do i configure the software to look for one single throttle body and one normal TPS to get rid of this error?

Go to the E-throttle menu, set E-throttle mode to off. In the analog inputs menu, turn off TP sub, AP sub and AP main.  Then go to ECU controls, TP setup and do the calibration.

Why are there two ground pins on the diagram below? I think they need to go on separate wires to a good clean earth on the cylinder head. But why two?

Current handling and redundancy.  Ground to the block or head.

When wiring injectors do I understand they get 12v straight to then from a relay and the ecu grounds them?

Correct.  Wiring is in the help file:  Wiring Information > Power and Ground Wiring > Power Supplies

Do I put inj 1 to cyl 1 and inj 2 to cly 2 and so on or do I use the 1342 firing order when connecting the injectors?

With the ignition coils on plug do i connect hen ign 1 to cy1 and so on or in firing order?

1 to 1, 2 to 2 for both.  

I will attach a generic 4 cyl wiring diagram for a Monsoon, it is pretty much the same as a Storm blue.  It shows 3 wire cam/crank sensors so yours wont have the 12V supply mine shows.

Monsoon 4 Cyl Generic.pdf

My car will have a non E throttle. I am wiring up my Toyota Throttle Position Sensor. It has 4 pins on it. Where does pin 2 on the below TPS which is labeled "Idle switch signal" go? I have the 5v and tps signal and ground connected.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KmCjjWMQLh7NipaV8

2nd question: What is the difference between "TP Main", "TP sub" and AP? 

I have another question. I just wanted to take time to thank you for your volunteer labour. You are appreciated. Have a look at the below picture. It is a 3sge single wire knock sensor. I understand it get its ground by being screwed into the block. I understand the shield goes to the "A7" Where does the single wire go to?

Do I Understand correctly that I connect the exhaust cam sensor to DI1?

Would I be right in thinking I connect the knock single wire to AN1 as I am using the onboard MAP? Or does it go to a DL2 

Knock sensor pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/bYTBRcSuePpugSNF6 

Aux assigned to pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/AjvQkq4ZWK7eLjju7

AN assigned to pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9pQWXGhTyefbetTaA

ECU is a Link g4+ storm blue with a single A plug.

Thanks again.

Yes, exhaust cam to DI1.

The single wire Toyota sensors usually aren't very useful due to the high output voltage.  I would suggest getting a two wire wideband sensor if you want knock control, although probably no need for a stock NA 3S.

The knock input is pin 23 on the blue storm (shared with DI3).

• 2 years later...

. . . and even now, August 2023, near Newcastle, NSW, Australia, all this info and entertainment is very much appreciated.

Sensible questions, sensible answers, and altogether good input.  Engine in my Clubman is an `04 2.0L Zetec, no Injection.

Many thanks for the help.   Geoff