DisplayLink and G4x Extreme don't seem to be communicating

Howard Coleman

thanks for the input on the weekend. i did check settings on my V88 and found my CAN configuration was "OFF."  the display did work so i assume it was working, as Adam suggests, serially. (?)

since i believe i actually did connect it properly w re to the G4X setup i am still hoping for help.

with re to Neil's question, the software instructions under DisplayLink recommends the selection of "Transmit Generic Dash."

10 hours ago, Adamw said:

You will have to check in the display settings under ECU type if you have something like "Link UC" or "Link CAN".

Can you please turn the dash on and tell me what ecu types your dash has listed.  Page 11 of the manual tells you how to do this.  It is no good telling me what the manual has in it, I want to know what your dash actually has.  

as mentioned initially, all i get is a blank screen so i am unable to get to the (any) display page. 

key on brings a red light on the right and two white. as soon as i touch any key the red light disappears and all three lights are white.

pushing the right and left Nav keys does bring up one page that has 3 vert lines. nothing else is available on the screens. 

Sounds like it's crashed 

There is a reset procedure 

Will have a look from a message I had from link 

HI Neil, It would be worth trying a firmware reset. To do this hold the enter key/ button down (the one at the bottom of key pad) while powering up the unit. This will reset all settings so you might have to reset the ECU type and any alarms that you ahd set up.