AiM MXL2 Connection

Sterling

Wrapping up my race car wire redo, MXL2 on its way.  My setup is very simple, all sensors on the car go to the ECU, there aren't many, it's a simple race car.  I have:

Tach, Lambda, Fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, transmission temp, diff temp.  

Since I'm new at wiring a car from scratch, exactly what do I do to connect the Link ECU to the AiM display?  Is it as simple as CAN high and CAN low from ECU to dash?

Thanks

Dave

• 1 month later...

Following up on this, I think I screwed up this connection.  I went an ran the Can+ / Can- to the DI's on the Link connector and I'm not getting any communication from the Link to AiM dash.  I'm now realizing that in my wiring frenzy those are Digital Inputs and how could an ECU output a signal when I have it wired to an input?   I guess I had hoped I could just hardwire it into the harness but looking at the pinout options it seems that's probably incorrect.

Is the CANF connector required to make this work?  I watched the video on mating the dash (mxs version) to the ecu and that's what he used, oversight on my part?

Thanks

So you’re thinking possibly DI 9 and 10 we’re not set to off?  I’ll look at that tomorrow.  I followed the instructions on how to get Link and AiM to communicate and I either did it wrong or DI’s are still on. Hopefully it’s the latter, will confirm and post results here tomorrow 

It may be the problem but I wasnt suggesting it was - I was just answering your question or doubt about how can an input pin work as an output.  

There could be a hundred other things wrong.  If you want help with the dash set up you will need to attach your tune and dash config.  

The only caveat is that the motor is not running yet, its possible the dash will not show any values until the car is running.  I can have it running tomorrow, but I was working on dash config and communication via Link while waiting for some parts.  I'd at least like to see that the ECU and dash are communicating with each other.  Thanks in advance for the help

Map attached from G4+E30 M3 - ID1050x-FF-Rev1.pclr

AiM config file:

MXL2.zconfig

In the ecu config you have the dash set up on CAN1, but your dash is wired to CAN2.  So, turn off CAN1 and set CAN2 up similar to what you have here.  Except I would suggest you change the Mode to "Transmit Link MXS Strada Dash" instead of generic dash.

nqVoWTE.png