Trigger wheels installation

VtrSp1

@Adamw i need to convert a old Nissan Micra  4 cylinder 1300 cc  , code CG13de  engine carburator to Efi with LinkEcu MonsoonX

The engine don't have the crank trigger wheel but have the old distributor for spark signal.

I chose a 60-2 tooth wheel and an inductive sensor for the crankshaft. In which position should I install the trigger wheel with the two missing teeth with respect to the TDC? Or any position of it can work and can be calibrated via software?

The gap will work fine anywhere.  However on a 4cyl I like to have it around 90 before or 90 after tdc.  This means it is outside of the normal range of ignition timing for best accuracy and secondly, the gap passes the sensor when crank acceleration is stable so the gap is easier to detect during slow cranking conditions.

Ok thanks for the information 

about the trigger camshaft wheel, it’s ok a triggger wheel with only one tooth!?

I can place the one tooth camshaft in any position or the one tooth need to be in a particular position ( like as 1 cyl intake valve open)?