2007 wrx (ej255) dbw wiring for Bosch 82mm throttle body

Slomotion

Hi all, I have installed an Bosch 82mm throttle body but am having a few issues with the wiring colouring.

I have the following wire colours but can open the throttle body but still having fault codes.

Green
Red 
Yellow
Black
Blue/black
Blue

can someone clarify what colours are for what.

cheers,

kim

Might be easier if you post a picture of the throttle body plug so we can see which wires go to which pin.

Also a PCLink log from engine start to fault code happening and a copy of your basemap please.

Does the E-Throttle work in setup mode with the engine off?

Is that the factory wiring?  All the manuals I have show different colours and I can find no diagram with the colours you have.  

The errors you have above suggest the 5V is shorted to ground so you definitely have something quite wrong.  

Do you have a photo of the wiring with the original subaru plug on?

• 1 year later...

After taking my car to three workshops and still not running I have finally seen the same harness wiring for the throttle body, yes it has been a long time since the last question it has been a long journey.

Currently I have the pin out as follows

1. motor (-) yellow (same size wire as motor + so assume negative)

2. tps (-) black/grey

3. tps (5v) red (volt meter confirmed 5v)

4. motor (+) black (voltmeter confirmed 12.8v)

5. TPS 2 (out) green

6. tps 1 (out) blue

throttle body still not moving on start up sequence or even with 9v battery test rig.

any assistance is greatly appreciated as I don’t want to waste another year working on the same problem without success.

many thanks,

kim

D84AB871-2927-49D4-8366-D639D68AC44C.png

9869DCFE-E7DF-49FC-98CC-7EE8C66ADE83.jpeg

What I believe the wiring for the factory is as follows

6. blue tb main

5. red 5v

4. green tb sub

3 black/grey sensor ground

2. black tb (+)

1. Yellow tb (-)

This picture was off a 2007 sti wiring harness for the throttle body.

Black is motor -ve.  Yellow is motor +ve.  The rest looks correct.

Do you have realistic voltages showing on the TP Sub and main AN Volt channels?  With E-throttle turned off, do the TP voltages move when you move the throttle blade by hand?

Have all your other fault codes gone now?

A few less codes come up

image.jpg

Now have the following wiring format

1. motor (-) black 

2. tps (-) black/grey

3. tps (5v) red (volt meter confirmed 5v)

4. motor (+) yellow

5. TPS 2 (out) green

6. tps 1 (out) blue

Have I got blue and green wires the wrong way around?

Or tps - and tps + 5v the wrong way round? Or both?

Blue and green swapped wouldnt matter.  

There is something wrong in the wiring if the fault codes are all telling you the analog inputs are all at ground.  That is why I suggested this:

On 6/13/2022 at 8:54 PM, Adamw said:

Do you have realistic voltages showing on the TP Sub and main AN Volt channels?  With E-throttle turned off, do the TP voltages move when you move the throttle blade by hand?

So, get the TPS signals working first, then you can worry about the throttle once those are right.  

What I would do is set the error high/low value on your 2 TPS analog inputs to 5.0 and 0.0V.  This will then disable the error value overwriting the real voltage so you have a better indication of what is going on. 

You can then put a large gauge on your screen showing the voltage on those analog inputs (like example below), then you could get a paper clip or similar and bridge the 5V wire to one of the TP wires, if wiring is ok you should then see 5.00V on the gauge.  Then remove the paper clip and you should see 0.00V.  Test the other TP signal wire the same.  If that works then it would suggest the wiring back to the ecu is ok and the problem is just at the throttle connector pinout or similar.  If you still dont see the voltages changing on screen when doing this test then it would suggest the short is somewhere in the wiring back to the ecu.

Do you know the part number on the throttle body?

ZOa1GE5.png

• 2 weeks later...