not injecting

snowshit0

hello, st205 i turned off my injectors to run a cold compresion test. then switched them back on to run a hot test.  all run fine. switched them back on after hot test. i left car for a couple of hrs. then decided to move it. car would not start. injectors are on, but there not injecting. not showing any injector duty cycle or pw time on time plot while trying to start it. done injector test and they clicking away.

Will need to see the log and tune.  Changing injection mode needs a power cycle to re-initialise, so there is also a possibility that a back feed or similar is preventing the ecu from shutting down.  Try disconnecting battery to ensure it gets a proper power cycle.

23 minutes ago, snowshit0 said:

hello. scope test will not work. so i run a ignition spark test. igniter clicking away , but no spark? got an idea i might have damaged igniter or something else when i run the comprestion test.  i left the ignition leads loose....

or duffed up the coil.....

7 hours ago, snowshit0 said:

scope test will not work.

What do you mean - it shows flat lines or nothing at all?

7 hours ago, snowshit0 said:

so i run a ignition spark test. igniter clicking away , but no spark

Are you checking at the coil - not the plug lead?  Is there 12V on the positive side of the coil?

You originally said there was no injection.  Your log shows no RPM, it sounds like your triggersciope shows no signal, I suspect that means there is no trigger signal.  Im not sure why you are now messing around with the ignition coil when you have a trigger problem.  

If you want help, please follow the instruction in the video I done and attach the file that was produced.  

hello. i switched off the injection to do a compression test. first cold then hot. after the hot test. the car would not start. so in my mind the only problem was switching off the fuel injection. but in hindsight i left the spark plug leads loose, not connect to anything. i did not disable the distributer. so i may of damaged the coil or may be the ignitor ? i tried today to get a scope reading. but nothing, no lines, blank. yes i have not done a trigger test. i will tomorrow. but i have tested my coil. as this can be damaged by the spark has  no where to go, only in the coil. thank you once again.

2 hours ago, snowshit0 said:

i tried today to get a scope reading. but nothing, no lines, blank. yes i have not done a trigger test.

The only "trigger test" you can do is the triggerscope.  Can you please attach the file you saved when you done the triggerscope.  

hello, fitted the coil and igniter back , to run triggerscope. and the bloody thing started !  hunting a little though. i have for a new coil to be sure. i enclose 2 files. hope download ok. thank for your help :-)

Log 2021-02-13 3;14;01 pm.llg Log 2021-03-11 5;31;23 pm.llg

3 minutes ago, snowshit0 said:

hello, fitted the coil and igniter back , to run triggerscope. and the bloody thing started !  hunting a little though. i have for a new coil to be sure. i enclose 2 files. hope download ok. thank for your help :-)

Log 2021-02-13 3;14;01 pm.llg 52.54 kB · 2 downloads Log 2021-03-11 5;31;23 pm.llg 700.33 kB · 2 downloads

20210310_131601.jpg