Ecumaster can switch board v3 setup

Gotty101

Hi has anybody got any details on how to setup the Ecumaster can switch board v3 with a g4x ecu? I've had a search and could not find anything.

I'm wanting to get both the inputs and outputs working. I'm going to fit my boost control and traction control multiposition switchs on two of the boards analogue inputs and a few status leds to the outputs of it.

I've got a g4x fury and would like to check I can get the module working on the bench before I wire it in.

Many thanks

Trev

We have included set up info and CAN templates for this device in the next software release that is probably a couple of weeks away.  

In the mean time here is the info and files:

rE7EsrX.png

ECUMaster Switchboard V3 Receive Stream 1 Use ID 1600.lcs ECUMaster Switchboard V3 Receive Stream 2 Use ID 1601.lcs ECUMaster Switchboard V3 Transmit Stream 3 Use ID 1603.lcs

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2021 at 9:15 PM, Adamw said:

We have included set up info and CAN templates for this device in the next software release that is probably a couple of weeks away.  

In the mean time here is the info and files:

rE7EsrX.png

ECUMaster Switchboard V3 Receive Stream 1 Use ID 1600.lcs 733 B · 7 downloads ECUMaster Switchboard V3 Receive Stream 2 Use ID 1601.lcs 733 B · 6 downloads ECUMaster Switchboard V3 Transmit Stream 3 Use ID 1603.lcs 712 B · 8 downloads

Hi Adam,

Preparing the field for the board I bought for my track car witch g4+ storm. I can see in both recieve streams the 8 ANvolts channels, but I can't seem to find the DI's?

if I understood well, the data format to select is the 3 on the switchboard?

edit: for the low side output, according to the transmit stream, it is as simple as sending a 0 for off and 1 for on? why do they need a full byte for that?

I attached a LCS I made for the DI's, do you confirm?

ECUMasterSwitchboardV3ReceiveStream4UseID1602.lcs

Yep, you've pretty much got it, the only mistake is you have started from the wrong end (bit zero is the right hand end), so DI 1 should be start pos 39 and DI8 should be start pos 32.

Yes message format 3.

53 minutes ago, dx4picco said:

edit: for the low side output, according to the transmit stream, it is as simple as sending a 0 for off and 1 for on? why do they need a full byte for that?

Yep.  I suspect they have possibly done that to future proof the message - for instance the may want to allow PWM on the outputs so a full byte would allow that.

Note in G4+ the aux or virtual aux statuses are sent out as 1 = Off, 2 = on, so put and offset of -1 on those parameters.