NISSAN 350Z HR THUNDER G4+

AbbeyMS

Any one got a 350Z HR motor running on a Thunder G4+ yet, I have the throttles all set up , engine is in a Zed still but using a Boomslang patch loom that keeps the stock ECU for canbus duties'

any info on trigger offset and cam control would be a great help

I will attach a map from a running engine.  This was done in an early beta firmware and I think (not 100% sure) that the trigger offset was eventually written into the code.  So trigger offset may be zero or 142.

Trigger 2 must be connected to LH inlet cam, and RH inlet must be connected to a DI (the RH inlet is also used for quick syncing the trigger).  VVT needs to use user defined mode, instructions for setting up offsets etc are in the help file but these should be working in this map.  

VQ35HR.pclr

When the engineers are designing a trigger decoder there are many considerations such as factory wiring, difficultly in interpreting the signal, possibilities of errors as cams move due to future machining, chain stretch etc...  

The HR trigger decoder uses two cams to compliment the crank information for both phase and position to achieve a very quick sync.  I believe the crank only needs to rotate a max of 120degs before the ecu has determined engine positon and can fire the correct cylinder.  The old VQ35 mode only used one cam and needed up to 360deg to sync.  

3 minutes ago, Adamw said:

When the engineers are designing a trigger decoder there are many considerations such as factory wiring, difficultly in interpreting the signal, possibilities of errors as cams move due to future machining, chain stretch etc...  

The HR trigger decoder uses two cams to compliment the crank information for both phase and position to achieve a very quick sync.  I believe the crank only needs to rotate a max of 120degs before the ecu has determined engine positon and can fire the correct cylinder.  The old VQ35 mode only used one cam and needed up to 360deg to sync.  

Thanks @Adamwappreciate your time on this

will post my map up once I have the car up and running , this car is what I asked about on the tech email , running  piggyback with stock ECU (patch loom from Boomslang) as they think the Can bus is different on the Later HR powered cars , we are having issue with temperature/s inputs into the Link due to the piggybacking of the ECU's still.