Rb30 vllink

Kirkwa

Hey guys vllink g4x plug in 3 question this wiring is pretty complex for me so. Advice is very appreciated 

1. I’m running and au falcon throttle body, with IAC. The original harness with cold air regulator for cold start, and AAC for A/c and ect. Would either one one these work. It’s an after market manifold 

2. Running msd6a

i have r35 coils. I have an expansion pack to run individual coils. I’m I right in thinking. The expansion pack supplies the trigger for the individual coils and the msd unit supply’s power an earth to the coils?

3. Running proxy sensor for crank an cam. The cam trigger is running off the cam gear and the crank triggerof the flex plate. Trigger 1 from reading is crank signal and trigger 2 is cam. These are 3 wire proxy’s. Blue Black and Tan wires. Have no idea where these wires go. Also looking at the CAS, there’s orange wire goes some controls black that goes some other controls,And then 1x white wire and 1x yellow that go to the ecu. So I assume these two wires are cam and crank inputs. So trigger 1 from the ecu goes to crank proxy trigger 2 too cam proxy. Then the yellow goes to one for return signal and same with the white. And then the 3rd wire on the proxy is earth. 
any advice will be greatly appreciated 

kind regards 

1. Use the AAC plug for the new idle valve.  
  2. You cant use a MSD6A with coils that have built in ignitors.  The MSD is only good for a single coil/distributor.  The Expansion loom gives you the 6 coil triggers, the 12V will have to come from an ignition switched relay and the grounds should all go to a single point on the cylinder head.  
  3. Yes trig 1 is crank and trig 2 is cam.  You really need to look at a data sheet for the new sensors to determine what the colours mean, but typically for a hall senor with those colours I would expect Tan would be +12V, Black is ground and blue is the signal.  I have attached a pic of the CAS pinout below.  So both tan wires would go to the "CAS supply".  Both black wires would go to the "Sensor ground".  Crank blue goes to Trig 1 and Cam blue goes to trig 2.

HEcSi5l.png

Hi Adamw

Im doing as you said with the coils, and getting rid of all the extra wiring I don’t require. Since the r35 coils have built in igniters.

the power transistor isn’t required any more, So can I remove this from the system. I’m using the coil + to feed the coils, earth to the block cause aluminium isn’t a good conductor?.

Also I wired up the IAT from the AFM pin 1 an 6

and the can-lambda. I have wire it up using the power feed which supplied the MAF and the IAC. I’ve used the thicker earth that goes to the block from the ecm. And the can hi an low wire from (CAN 1/RS232) CAN1 L GREEN WIRE AND CAN2 H WHITE WIRE.

my other question with all these signal wires left over, is there anything they can be utilised for

kind regards. Cheers for the info

19 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Not quite sure what signal wires you are talking about?

There is a shielded wire pin 3 on the MAF and the the power transistor has a white signal wire. But is everything else correct

43 minutes ago, Kirkwa said:

But is everything else correct

Sounds like it, but the proof will be in the pudding.  If IAT and lambda works then it would suggest it is all ok.  

For the CAN lambda since you are sharing the power with the IAC which is a very noisy device (electrically) it would be recommended to fit the capacitor as per the alternative diagram in the quick start guide.