PCLink G4+ Windows via Parallels on Macbook

Ad91

Hi lads, I know its not ideal, but I did a search and pulled up a few old posts where members had this working.

I have got Parallels installed on a Macbook allowing me to run Windows 10.

In Windows 10, I have installed the PCLink G4+ software which installed fine and loads up perfectly.

The issue I am currently having is the drivers. When I plugin the ECU, it shows that there's no drivers installed for "Link ElectroSystems ECU USB" in device manager.

I pointed device manager to the driver folders that PCLink installed but it doesn't find any suitable.

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers,
Adam

I have absolutely no experience with Mac but I do know of others using parallels or bootcamp with G4+ ok.  

Can you give us a screenshot of the hardware ID's like below.  To get to this right click on the Link device in device manager, then go to properties>details>hardware ID's.

nkmktc0.png

Hi Adam,

these are the hardware ID's.

Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 20.17.03.png

I have just tried to reinstall PClink to notice this. Is there any way to 'force' the driver installation?

1619800544_Screenshot2021-05-10at20_26_44.thumb.png.b8261cf85c5ed9473394d7c23e73fa4d.png

There is currently no drivers installed at all.

Many thanks

Hi Wastegate,

When I connect the ECU to the MacBook it does give me the option on where I would like to connect it too. After choosing Windows 10 it does get detected but I can’t get past this point of having no drivers installed.

Cheers,

Adam