Injector setup

dx4picco

Hi there

A friend of mine want to make a upgrade on his bmw B20 engine running on G4 plugin.

He bought those: https://dw-technical-assets.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/18U-XX-0042-X+Injector+Characterization+Summary.pdf

I am wondering how the non linear range is dealt with on G4? I expect it to run low on those small 340cc cylinders, anything like short pulse width adder?

the only thing i could see is the dead time pulse width correction, but then I loose the 3D part of the dead time table?

also, only traditional mode available there right?

Only traditional mode and no short PW adder in G4.  Unlikely to matter much with injectors that small.  I typically dont bother with short PW added until im over 1000cc injectors on typical size cylinders.

how does it work if I make my 3D deadtime table with Volt vs Delta FP but do not have any sensor for FP. is there a way to make the ecu take a particular value (for example 3.5b when rows are 2-3-4-5). or is that not possible?

What is the point of using diff fuel pressure on the dead time table if you are not measuring diff fuel press.  If diff fuel press was just a static value then you would only be using one row of the deadtime table so there would be no point having multiple rows.

In G4 it is always calculated as FP - MGP.  You can make FP static using the fault settings but DFP will then still vary with MGP.  You could possibly put an anvolt on the deadtime axis and move between rows using a potentiometer or similar.

PWJSTSe.png

In comparison the newer ecu's with modelled fuel equation have various other options based on the fuel system type setting.  In MAP referenced it will be a static value, but changing that static base pressure value would mess up your VE anyhow so wouldnt be a recommended way to do it:

MPQWA7j.png

Yep I am well aware of the newer platforms like the one I tuned on my car or the one from my father. 

Thx for the tip on the an volt axis. 

I think I found a way of doing the short PW adder too. I'll post a screenshot

I was speaking about the pdf file with the link in the first post. I read it as Actual PW. but wanted to be sure. the reason I'm insisting is I worked on that car a bit this weekend and I'm seeing 0.9-1ms effective PW during low throttle event which is in the non linear range and I'm trying to get it right

So how does this method looks to you?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yazJIpDHC5qVXBQq_MgH6wSm3tOmIjsC/view?usp=sharing

calculating the "real" effective PW and deducing the offset to add to the base dead time. this is only true at 13.5V and 300 kpa but this also only be needed in this area of voltage so I am not much concerned about other ones.

So this would look about that for 3.5bar:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1seH1I7bkY5dqShxvpT2EsHuoECAW-WCx/view?usp=sharing

Engine is a m50b25 "switch on vanos" with plugin ecu. inputs and outputs are according to the basemap.

what variable should move when vanos is activating and turning off?

all my cam angles are 0. Aux 3 status does change but that doesn't tell me the cam is actualy moving

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1REQPdRh0_4DaA_KWUFaqJhd4qjlZGwsZ/view?usp=sharing