Ez30 Subaru vtec problem

RDLperformance

Subaru ez30 and the vtec is coming up as a fault, especially at low revs. The vvt is working but possibly a little lazy at times. Has oil pressure, have replaced the cam sensors, vvt solenoids.

does anyone know what the parameters are for the vtec to have a fault? The only parameter I can see is an rpm on point.

I recently did a ez30 from a legacy r in a impreza.  Worked out sweet.  from memory i had the vvl activation based off coolant temp, TP, and rpm.  Would only activate above 70 deg C, 60% TP,  and above 3000 rpm.  I tried to utilize the oil pressure switches that are one the heads as part of the strategy but it was flakey so I just bypassed that aspect.  It is purely just on or off.  

As for your AVCS, you need to bump the PWM frequency to 250hz.  And from looking into your cal, did you  run the cam angle tests to get your tooth offsets?  I compared to the one I did and yours are a fair bit different.

Awesome, thanks mate. Bumped up vvt solenoids to 250 and that fixed vvt. The vvl seems to have responded to the vvt being correct to the target and is operating perfectly now as well.

I did do the cam angle test yesterday( it was 0.5-1 degree off what it was when we built the engine) that never helped the cars problems tho

Thanks for the help!

Its a little bit odd that your Aux 3 is showing fault in your log.  There are 3 tests which are part of the fault detection, short to ground, short to V bat, open load.

If you continue to see aux 3 showing fault, it would pay to measure resistance between aux 3 pin and the 12V supply to the solenoids (with ign off) to confirm you are not overloading the aux.