bmw e36 m52 engine

Smohsin

hello everyone i have a bmw e36 with m52 obd2 engine in it and the ecu code is ms41.0 .

for using link g4x i had to repin my ecu wiring to obd1 and i have done it according to the diagram successfully 

but the car is not starting i checked for fuel injector pulse and ignition coil pulse i am not getting both 

the cam and crank sensor both are 3 wired i dont know if the cam sensor is really a hall type and the crank sensor is reluctor?

another question i tried testing fuel injectors and i tried all of them successfully BUT when i tried testing  ignition non of the ignition coil fires and yes i do have 12v on all ignition coils and ground as well but the testing of ignition  is not working any clue what i ave done wrong ??

i tried link trigger scope feature i am attaching that file 

any help will be highly appreciate able thank you in advance .

TriggerScopeLog bmw.llgx

As I said in your other post the M52 cam sensor will not work you have to change it for a M50 vanos cam sensor.  The crank sensor im pretty sure are hall effect on the M52 so make sure it has power and the trigger settings match.  

Ignition coils not working in test mode can only be a wiring issue.  

5 minutes ago, Adamw said:

As I said in your other post the M52 cam sensor will not work you have to change it for a M50 vanos cam sensor.  The crank sensor im pretty sure are hall effect on the M52 so make sure it has power and the trigger settings match.  

Ignition coils not working in test mode can only be a wiring issue.  

Yes you were right i will look for a M50 cam sensor .

in the cam sensor i wired pin -1 12v ,pin-2 sensor main and pin-3 to ground

do you mean i will require a separate 12v for crank sensor too or it will get from the ecu?

ignition coils not working in test mode ..

what wiring issue it could be i have double checked ignition wiring have 12V , ground the signals wires also connected 

anything you can guide further?

Unfortunately I have no wiring info for this engine, thats why I said it is unsupported by us so you are basically on your own.

Im not sure where the crank sensor gets its 12V from, it may be done internally in the loom but Im not sure.  The M50 crank sensor was reluctor so didnt need  power which is why I mentioned it.  You can confirm with a multimeter if you have 12V at the crank sensor plug.  

There is no "signal" wire for the coils, they are a dumb inductive coil with the ignitor built-in to the ecu so there is just 12V, secondary ground and primary negative.  The ECU switches the primary negative on/off to make a spark.  So if you have 12V on the correct pin at the coil then start by getting a multimeter and confirm there is continuity from the coil negative pin back to the ignition driver pin at the ecu.  Coil 1 negative should go to pin 50 etc.  Also check the big terminals arent pushing back inside the connector housing at the ecu.  The original BMW housing damages very easy when removing those pins and most I have seen that someone has had a go at no longer hold the terminal in place.

14 hours ago, Adamw said:

He is using an E36 plug-in which has amplifiers onboard for the stock dumb coils.  It doesnt specifically mention that in this post but there is another post on here somewhere where he mentioned what he has.

hi 

now i can test guel injector and ignition coils this is fine now

the car is not starting i used bmw N42 cam sensor which is i read is a hall effect sensor i wired according i am attaching trigger scope log as well 

i dont have spark and fuel what to check further?

TriggerScopeLog n42.llgx

and yes i checked on the crank sensor i dont see 5 volts at the sensor the 5 volts pin at the senor connector is coonected on the pin1 yellow to the ecu pin 16 i am sure but i think there should be 5 volts for the sensor what could be the reason ?

On 8/8/2021 at 4:00 AM, Adamw said:

Unfortunately I have no wiring info for this engine, thats why I said it is unsupported by us so you are basically on your own.

Im not sure where the crank sensor gets its 12V from, it may be done internally in the loom but Im not sure.  The M50 crank sensor was reluctor so didnt need  power which is why I mentioned it.  You can confirm with a multimeter if you have 12V at the crank sensor plug.  

There is no "signal" wire for the coils, they are a dumb inductive coil with the ignitor built-in to the ecu so there is just 12V, secondary ground and primary negative.  The ECU switches the primary negative on/off to make a spark.  So if you have 12V on the correct pin at the coil then start by getting a multimeter and confirm there is continuity from the coil negative pin back to the ignition driver pin at the ecu.  Coil 1 negative should go to pin 50 etc.  Also check the big terminals arent pushing back inside the connector housing at the ecu.  The original BMW housing damages very easy when removing those pins and most I have seen that someone has had a go at no longer hold the terminal in place.