Bmw m52 g4x

Smohsin

The car is not starting even i have replaced the cam sensor with hall type from a bmw n42 somehow i managed to check in runtime values i am getting cam signal but i am not getting crank signal attaching the snapshot

i checked the wiring twice and what i see crank sensor is not getting 5 volts from the ecu which is ecu pin 16 in my application what can be the cause ?as it should be a direct 5V output from ecu when i turn ignition to on..8610E3D2-A0AC-45FB-AB18-ED3C7BD86CB5.thumb.jpeg.58671fd2c3fc50392a764c4b54ab8522.jpeg

i have 5 volts on cam sensor

even on throttle sensor 

I unlocked the ecu upgraded the firmware but no luck yet

47E16C35-C69C-4D80-8A7D-8F44B503FDEB.jpeg

40 minutes ago, ClintBHP said:

Hall effect Crank sensor should have 12v on BMW not 5v.

Also enable the pull-up on the crank.

In ecu setup it has selected to relucter type 

i have attached snapshot as well 

plus i have tried with 12 volt as well but triger 1 stays off in runtime values

i am using base map whatever settings comes by default it is as it is..

image.jpg

M52 has a hall effect Crank sensor and needs to have power wired to it as Clint suggests above and as I have said previously in your other thread.  It does not get its power from pin 16, that is the trigger 1signal.  

Trigger settings for the M52 are in the help file in the engine specific information folder.

10 hours ago, Adamw said:

M52 has a hall effect Crank sensor and needs to have power wired to it as Clint suggests above and as I have said previously in your other thread.  It does not get its power from pin 16, that is the trigger 1signal.  

Trigger settings for the M52 are in the help file in the engine specific information folder.

alright i will use it with 12 volts as i already said above i tried with 12 volts as well if any settings have to be done in the trigger setting can you check and do it for me ?

i have attached my pcl file did you check my trigger scope file? the cam signal is fine ?

bmwe36 M52.pclx