How to confirm failed Auxilary output for PNP Link G4+ ecu

Edmund Turner

Hi gents, 

How do I tell if an ecu auxilary has failed on a link ecu g4+?  As an example, I was trying to configure a Auxlilary output 1 to drive a low side fan relay. When I couldnt activate the relay, I noticed that the Aux output 1 had 12V all the time when the ignition was switched on. The voltage of the output remains 12V even I changed the polarity from 'low' to 'high' or vice versa.  I swapped to another Auxilary output and the issue was resolved. 

Is there another way to test aux ouptuts ( from logs or runtime values) to determine if it has failed? And if its failed, can this be repaired?

thank you

Setting like below the aux output should be close to 0V.  

It would be pretty rare for one to fail as it has several protections built-in.   The Aux IC's do groups of 4 outputs so usually if the controller fails you would have 4 aux outputs that dont work (aux 1-4 are a group). 

But yes if there is a hardware issue it can be repaired.

fx8osei.png

Hi Adam, thanks for confirming. Yes ,I did change the poliarity to 'low' and expected to see 0V but the Aux ouput 1 is always 12V. I moved the fan to another ouput and it works fine. I did check the other Aux -2,3 and 4 and they working. I will liase with support team If we need to send the ecu to be checked. 

TGIF

Thank you!