Is it possible to combine/merge multiple log files in PCLink?

Pete_89t2

The subject is the gist of my question. Reason I'm asking is I'm using the Mixture Map feature to refine my tune, and I think the process would be more productive if I could combine logs from multiple road tuning sessions (with no changes to my tune in between each session) into a single large log file. By doing so, I expect I'd be able to hit more load/RPM cells within the fuel map, and have larger sample sizes per cell for the Mixture map feature to work with.

If this feature is not currently available, can it be added to the wish list? Thanks!

I would personally use Excel to do this and use excel to do the tune refinement as it can be set up to use closed loop corrections as well where mixture map won't. 

Alternatively, I would set up your internal logging to record what you need for this and then you can download a larger internal log and use that single log (which can be from multiple driving sessions) to do the mixture map.  

1 hour ago, koracing said:

I would personally use Excel to do this and use excel to do the tune refinement as it can be set up to use closed loop corrections as well where mixture map won't.

Not sure I follow; are you saying that you can open & manipulate PCLink log files in MS Excel? Please explain, didn't know that was possible.

You'll have to use a function called averageifs in excel to average AFR data from multiple logs for a given fuel cell and the spread sheet to do all that can get quite complex so it will take time and a good understanding of excel to get this working properly.  As an alternative, the link files exported to CSV can also be imported by Megalog viewer HD (more expensive license option) with a custom table view like the mixture map with math functions to account for closed loop trims as well. It is also possible to add multiple logs at once on the Megalog viewer also.