ALS e-throttle map

Bethanyc

Thanks @Adamw for your e throttle help, its working like a charm so far :D

i am now converting the antilag settings from the stepper which in reality wasnt bleeding that much air to use the e-throttle to bleed air. All my ALS trim/cut tables are set to kick in above 4000rpm and 20% throttle and below. 

is the following throttle map the best way to avoid having 20% throttle all the time and to bleed air only when the ALS tables are doing ign trim & cut / fuel trim ?

AL ICS override table is set to 0

Thanks

Beth.    

If the Idle Speed Control Actuator is set to E-Throttle and you have Anti-Lag ISC Override on then when Anti-Lag or Cyclic Idle are active the E-Throttle position will be controlled solely by the Al ISC Override table or Cyclic ISC Override Table respectively.

G4X is different to G4+ in this way, G4+you would trigger the 2nd E-Throttle table based on Anti-Lag but in G4X Anti-Lag have their own E-Throttle Tables.

If you have the ISC Override tables zeroed out then as soon as you hit Antilag or cyclic idle your throttle will shut.

If you want to use the above table to control the E-Throttle while in Anti-Lag then copy it into the Al ISC Override table.

Thanks @VaughanI found that out on my drive around the block, luckily no one was behind me when the throttle went to 0. So with isc override disabled does Antilag use just use the active e-throttle map ? Or is there another map I am missing somewhere ? I had set to swap maps with my antilag arm switch to e-throttle target 2.

Thanks 

Beth.

16 minutes ago, Bethanyc said:

So with isc override disabled does Antilag use just use the active e-throttle map

yes

16 minutes ago, Bethanyc said:

I had set to swap maps with my antilag arm switch to e-throttle target 2.

arming switch doesn't mean AL is active if the other lockouts aren't met.

I would recommend just copying the 2nd E-Throttle target table values into the ISC Override table and turning off the 2nd E-Throttle table. Right clicking on the table and using the import/export function will make this a 2 second job to copy.

Hi @Vaughan got a chance to try with your setup suggestion today,

however not sure i am missing something still, when AL went active the TPS target went to 10% and then did an odd TPS target step down off throttle.  i cant see anywhere in the map to command that 10% throttle blip ?  

Logs and config attached, 

thanks

Beth. 

20 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Have found and fixed the problem will be in the next release which is very soon

Thanks @Vaughan was there a linear issue with the al ics map as well ? As it looked like it was selecting just the cell value for the target and not smothing out in-between the value. 

Beth.

When using E-Throttle as the idle speed controller there is a hardcoded clamp to 10% (in older Firmware, 20% in newer) to make sure that you can't ask for a high E-Throttle position at idle. It won't let you set high values but if you have it set to a different style of actuator which can be set up to 100% and then switch to E-Throttle as the idle actuator you can still have these solenoid related values feeding into E-Throttle. This hardcoded clamp is ignored when using Anti-Lag idle speed override but on entry to this state there was a race condition where the E-Throttle was based solely on the idle position which was based on the AL ISC Override table but for the first run through this loop the clamp was still being applied as the thing which says ignore the clamp hadn't been set yet.

I'll get that stepping sorted too

• 2 weeks later...

@Vaughan confirmed all good and fixed, bleeding air nicely :D

i am still not happy with my throttle PID, too low P and a little laggy, to high and too much bounce.... i know i am being picky, i might send my spare new throttle across the ditch to see if Link team can get the optimal settings for these 60mm mitsubishi throttle bodies.