Link G4X wrx6x AVCS help

kayzarh

HI, 

Need some help with AVCS wiring to my wrx6x please.

So far I have learnt that

Cam sensors DI 1 AND DI 2

B135-1 = DI 1 = START SIGNAL -> SWAP to White Cable on AVCS Loom and Move start signal to DI 7 (Or leave disconnected?))

B135-2 = DI 2 = POWER STEERING SIGNAL -> SWAP to Yellow Cable on AVCS Loom and Move power steering signal to DI 8

AVCS Solenoids AUX 1 & 3 (no ac in car)

B134-21 = AUX 1 = FUEL PUMP RELAY -> Swap to AVCS Loom Violet and move Fuel Relay to IGN 7

B134-22 = AUX 2 = AC OUT  -> Swap to AVCS Loom Green 

Now my question is:

Where would I wire Orange, Red and Black on the AVCS Loom? Which Pins of the ECU and/or area of chassis (See attached for wiring diagram and below for AVCS Loom)avcs.jpg.4d13b1737da9554440859249cdbc019d.jpgAVCS.pdf

Thanks

avcs.jpg

AVCS.pdf

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry this may be a really stupid question but can you give me an example of a 'ignition switched 12v' source (e.g a pin number) this will allow me understand what is meant by this.

Also, maybe another stupid one, but can the red and orange one be merged together into a single pin or do I need to use two? 

Thanks alot Adam

Good place to start is the User Guide for this ECU:

http://linkecu.com/documentation/WRX6X.pdf

The ECU has an internal expansion connector and the AVCS conversion loom was provided with connectors for this and some wire tails, but I see the guide for the G4X does not include the pinout. Shame!

I would think it is probably the same as the G4+ version as it is on the carrier board which I would think remained the same when the plugin was upgraded to the X. Perhaps Link can confirm?

Here is the G4+ plugin guide:

https://linkecu.com/documentation/WRX6+.pdf

You see on page 10 that the expansion connectors have +5V and analogue ground (for the red and black wires) and it is easier to use these rather than splicing to existing wires. Similarly, when you're freeing up DI1 and SI2 you can use the DIs that are available on these connectors.

That just leaves the +12V connector for the Oil Control Valves (OCVs, a.k.a. AVCS solenoids) and the drives. There are 2 spare ignition drives on the expansion connectors and these can be used for the drives as far as I know, so no need to relocate anything for these.

If someone from Link can confirm this is correct I will add the information to the install guide :)

11 hours ago, Tim Hardisty said:

but I see the guide for the G4X does not include the pinout. Shame!

Its just been moved to be included in the main pinout table.  The pins are also labelled on the board.

1a1h6tQ.png

I would think it is probably the same as the G4+ version as it is on the carrier board which I would think remained the same when the plugin was upgraded to the X. Perhaps Link can confirm?

Yes, it is using the same adapter board.

That just leaves the +12V connector for the Oil Control Valves (OCVs, a.k.a. AVCS solenoids) and the drives. There are 2 spare ignition drives on the expansion connectors and these can be used for the drives as far as I know, so no need to relocate anything for these.

VVT solenoids need to go to an aux output, the ignition drives dont have a flywheeling diode so you will get poor solenoid performance connected to an ignition drive.