R32 Gtr drive by wire occasional stalling

MichaelR32GTR

I have had this issue on going since i changed to a link fury g4+ Ecu 

sometimes I can be driving, brake to reduce speed, downshift, then for example clutch in to enter a drive way and it stalls, 

other times I could be slowing down clutch in and stalls or sometimes I hold it in a gear to the very last minute before I come to a stop, then clutch in and still does it 

could even be driving on highway, take the exit come to a stop and stalls 

then I can be driving and it never does it 

it’s so inconsistent that I can’t pick it, nothing to do with driving style, temperature, how long I’ve driven for etc just happens randomly 

anyone have any input into what could be happening 

also with my old vipec v88 and when I first went DBW it didn’t do it, then I changed to a link fury g4+ and since has done it 

Log would answer this but what does it idle at and is it lumpy?

Ignition idle control reduces timing at 1200rpm and idle control is set for 1150rpm with 100rpm deadband (idle control isn't doing anything between 1050-1250) so it could get into situation where it's reduced timing and idle control isn't doing anything to correct it (Adam may know better).

Idle seems to be set kind of high, if you're happy with this you could try change ignition idle settings to:

image.png.3efbb0e862c712049154d7ba2341a746.png

or bump up anti stall gain slightly and see what effect it has.

I would say the main problem is the ISC speed lockout is set to "Driven wheel speed", then under speed sources you have the driven wheel speed source set to "Average rear wheel speed", but there are no rear wheel speed sensors assigned, so the speed lockout will never work.  This means closed loop will start winding the throttle closed anytime you are in overrun, then when you push the clutch in the throttle is too closed so the RPM drops and stalls. 

I suggest changing both driven and non-driven wheel speed source to "LF wheel".  Set ISC speed lockout to 10kmh.  A couple other changes I would suggest:

1. Change idle ign control AP lock out to 0.8%.  
  2. I would typically have idle target error on the axis of the idle ign table - not engine speed.  It should work ok as is provided you never want to change idle speed.
  3. E-throttle target table will probably work better without the big change in target below 1500RPM.  I would generally have the same value right across the whole top row - unless you have an engine which is slow to return to idle then I sometimes have a smaller target above say 1500rpm.  

Excellent Thankyou for the reply’s guys 

I will make these changes and report back after the weekend and see how it goes 

Thankyou 

6 hours ago, plox said:

Log would answer this but what does it idle at and is it lumpy?

Ignition idle control reduces timing at 1200rpm and idle control is set for 1150rpm with 100rpm deadband (idle control isn't doing anything between 1050-1250) so it could get into situation where it's reduced timing and idle control isn't doing anything to correct it (Adam may know better).

Idle seems to be set kind of high, if you're happy with this you could try change ignition idle settings to:

image.png.3efbb0e862c712049154d7ba2341a746.png

or bump up anti stall gain slightly and see what effect it has.

It seems to idle ok but I can see on my digital dash my ignition timing at idle jumping between 5 and 15 and everywhere in between 

and idle will vary around 100rpm up and down from the 1150rpm idle target 

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

I would say the main problem is the ISC speed lockout is set to "Driven wheel speed", then under speed sources you have the driven wheel speed source set to "Average rear wheel speed", but there are no rear wheel speed sensors assigned, so the speed lockout will never work.  This means closed loop will start winding the throttle closed anytime you are in overrun, then when you push the clutch in the throttle is too closed so the RPM drops and stalls. 

I suggest changing both driven and non-driven wheel speed source to "LF wheel".  Set ISC speed lockout to 10kmh.  A couple other changes I would suggest:

1. Change idle ign control AP lock out to 0.8%.  
  2. I would typically have idle target error on the axis of the idle ign table - not engine speed.  It should work ok as is provided you never want to change idle speed.
  3. E-throttle target table will probably work better without the big change in target below 1500RPM.  I would generally have the same value right across the whole top row - unless you have an engine which is slow to return to idle then I sometimes have a smaller target above say 1500rpm.  

In my ethrottle target table 

top row, idle is at 5.0, do you recommend I change settings between 0 to 1500rpm to 5.0

instead of at the moment how it is setup as for example 12, 12, 9, 5, 2 etc etc

I didn't see the wheel speed but that makes more sense. My gtr idles perfectly fine at 900rpm (but is all factory, no e-throttle etc.) so I wonder if the higher idle target has been set up to counter the wheel speed not working.

Subaru on the other hand with e throttle has idle target error as Adam mentioned in 2

image.png.c47acf2f3aa4570377fce9f862f7c477.png

and your e throttle table looks to have 2 in the top row, with a jump below 1500 in the 4 cells highlighted

image.png.16328aa95dfc2bf57d23ca0ec0551496.png