S15 Plugin IAT setup

ae82ted

Hi,

I'm setting up the S15 plugin ECU with AEM IAT sensor (30-2014) fitted with the AFM wire

I've pinned the Jumper 8, set the input at AN 4 Volt. Setup the Cal 1 table with the figures on AEM instruction. The figures are with 2200ohms pull up resistor

I've a question with the External resistor setup. I believe it should be set at 2K2 External to match the figures i've input to the cal 1 table. However PClink shown 5C which the ambient temp here is around 22C. I tried switching the external resistor to 1K, 2K7 etc the IAT value doesnt change at all. I tried heating up the sensor the value does change quickly but not accurate. 

I've attached the base file here for your reference. Not sure what's gone wrong. 

S15Base.pclx

When the calibration is setup in volts it doesn't matter what the external resistor is set as. The external resistor setting is there so that you can tell it what pullup resistor you have wired up so that it can calculate what resistance there is across the sensor for at the current voltage and then convert that resistance across the sensor to a temperature using the calibration setting. If you are using a calibration table setup in volts then you have to have wired up the sensor with the same pullup value as the one used to create that voltage calibration but in this case the pullup resistor on the bottom board is 1kohm not 2.2kohm and so that voltage calibration won't work. If the sensor was one that we didn't already have built into the software you could convert that voltage calibration to resistance values and use that. The equation would be:

AnV4 Voltage = 5 * (sensor resistance) / (sensor resistance + 1000)

The 5 being the voltage it is being pulled up to and the 1000 being the pullup resistor value.