Adding channels to CAN Stream - Plugin G4+ to Strada MXS 1.2 dash

Neville Messenger

Hi

I’m looking to add a couple of channels to the CAN stream from my FD RX7 plugin G4+ to my LINK Strada MXS 1.2 dash

Can you please advise the process to add or update the config for me? Channels I’m looking to add are AN9  - EGT and Digital input 7  - boost switch status

I’ve attached both the ECU and dash configs

Another question?    As you will see from the config I have the dash connected to CAN1 on the ECU, should I be able to connect PC link while the dash is connected?  At the moment I’m getting an error in PC link  - unable to open the selected com port. If I disconnect the dash it works fine.

Nev FD RX7 10112021.pclr Nevs MXS 1.2 Strada - LINK.zconfig

Files attached.

For the PC coms, your symptoms suggest you are using the old CAN dash cable which also has the serial wires connected, this will interupt the PC comms. 

The easiest fix will be to snip or depin the grey and yellow wires out of this plug.  Only the white and green are used. (or move to CAN 2 port which doesnt have serial pins). 

otpwXGb.png

NevFDRX710112021 New CAN.pclr NevM Custom CAN.zconfig

Thanks Adam

I don't have the Grey, Yellow or brown wires terminated/connected to the dash however I'll look to move it to CAN2 on he ECU board.

I note my EGT is sitting at 33 deg C on PC Link however showing 87 on the dash, any ideas why that would be? is there an adjustment required in the stream setting?  

multiplier/divider/offset?

9 hours ago, Neville Messenger said:

I note my EGT is sitting at 33 deg C on PC Link however showing 87 on the dash, any ideas why that would be? is there an adjustment required in the stream setting? 

Sorry my mistake, EGT has a 50 offset.  Change to match below:

G5AqfZH.png

9 hours ago, Neville Messenger said:

I don't have the Grey, Yellow or brown wires terminated/connected to the dash

It doesnt matter if it is connected to the dash or not.  You effectively have a 1 meter long high capacitance antenna connected to the ECU high speed serial bus.