Mitsubishi GTO V6 Turbo 1994 - Full Throttle CutOff - Evo I-III Plug In ECU

Chipsminor

Hello Guys,

We have installed a Plugin Evo I-III Link G4X on our Mitsubishi GTO V6 Turbo.

Car Runs Good with Nice AFR, and idles good. All the modifications and pin replacements were done and everything was tested.

When we try to full throttle and give some Boost the car does a Cut (Not Misfire) like a Limiter and then revs a bit up and again Cuts and goes like this. 

The weird thing is that the car was doing the exact same thing with the stock ECU. We get no Errors or Faults or Any helpful statistics. Triggers are also Good, and Fuel Pressure is Good.

Log File Attached Here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LKE-3oNmNYV7o0vpt0LUNVYmPINV5RbP/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!

I was replying at the same time as Vaughan, but I will leave my thoughts here too...

Most likely a lack of ignition system energy.  There are no cuts or limiters in the log.  Dwell is quite stable and no recorded trig 1 error so my initial feeling is unlikely a trigger issue.  

But please do a PC log so all data is recorded.  You dont even have MAP, lambda, or anything fuel related recorded in that log so very few clues to work with.

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

I was replying at the same time as Vaughan, but I will leave my thoughts here too...

Most likely a lack of ignition system energy.  There are no cuts or limiters in the log.  Dwell is quite stable and no recorded trig 1 error so my initial feeling is unlikely a trigger issue.  

But please do a PC log so all data is recorded.  You dont even have MAP, lambda, or anything fuel related recorded in that log so very few clues to work with.

I did a Pc full Log but until i tried to save it my laptop battery died and lost it... i will log again tomorrow maybe and update the post... thank you

Map Readings and lambda readings are good and cant see any trigger errors... No fuel readings since we dont have sensors hooked up. Do you want to upload any trigger scope to check better?

What settings do i have to change so i can bypass the igniter? Its a common Problem on these cars.

3 hours ago, Chipsminor said:

Do you want to upload any trigger scope to check better?

It wont hurt to do a scope capture when holding at say 5000RPM.

3 hours ago, Chipsminor said:

What settings do i have to change so i can bypass the igniter? Its a common Problem on these cars.

No settings would need to change, but you would need to fit coils with built-in ignitors.